Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yeah, I thought I saw someone here complaining that this did happen to them (and filed it away in my mind as something to avoid). Was it @Yer Ol' Uncle D maybe?
Yeah - one transaction with them and I'm done. Not only is it a crock to charge shipping on a preorder even if it's above their free shipping threshold, and have the only shipping option as FedEx which jacks things up even more, and have you locked into it via fine print, they took forever to finally send me my stuff. I saw the same items at about 5 other dealers for less that I could have had weeks before AS could finally be bothered to ship my preorder placed about 4 months previously. My mistake. Lesson learned.

Based on my first experience, the only thing missing from AS is another S.

Last edited:
I’m sure everyone is aware of this Boom Boom release.

There’s also a 2018 pressing.
They really need to reissue Psychedelic Jungle! But Boom Boom cut a lot of Drastic Plastic records. The Clash ones sound great and The Damned’s first album was good too when I had it.

Last edited:
Boom Boom has done a few of the Drastic Plastic reissues. Sadly I have had a chance to pick any up

Went on a small punk/post-punk spree in 2018 and picked up The Only Ones, David Johansen, The Members and Johnny Thunders. I especially love that Only Ones record, but all are great. I wasn't particularly looking for Kevin Gray at the time, but the fact they were pressed at QRP did sway me to try to find them. They were already getting hard to find then.

They do have their reissue of Gravest Hits on their discogs, if anyone wants that one. That is essential, but the only Cramps record I already own.

Maybe they will repress them all again like they did in 2020 apparently.

Not one of his best. But above average and I really enjoyed his Cardinals stuff overall. Also, yeah I know he's been cancelled and whatnot. But this sounds great.

Bellers / Pallas
I think it is top tier Alt. Country Ryan Adams.

Has there been a release pattern (day/time) for the AP Prestige represses?

These are the ones they've released so far, right?

John Coltrane - Lush Life
Sonny Rollins - Rollins Plays For Bird
Eric Dolphy - Outward Bound
Miles Davis - Bags Groove

Has there been a release pattern (day/time) for the AP Prestige represses?

These are the ones they've released so far, right?

John Coltrane - Lush Life
Sonny Rollins - Rollins Plays For Bird
Eric Dolphy - Outward Bound
Miles Davis - Bags Groove
To my knowledge, that list is correct. I haven't recognized a pattern yet. Is there a way to set up stock notifications on their website?

It must be one every Monday, then, since i believe Eric Dolphy and Miles Davis were Monday drops as well. Not sure when Coltrane and Rollins dropped.
i'm debating holding off for a bit to see if another one is released today or tomorrow...hate paying shipping when i'm so close to the free shipping cutoff!

also now we see how often AP can repress stuff if they aren't doing VMP classics haha.

i'm debating holding off for a bit to see if another one is released today or tomorrow...hate paying shipping when i'm so close to the free shipping cutoff!

also now we see how often AP can repress stuff if they aren't doing VMP classics haha.
The shipping kills me - they’re $40 and shipping is $8 and change. It’s free shipping over $49. Really wish they would release two at a time…

The shipping kills me - they’re $40 and shipping is $8 and change. It’s free shipping over $49. Really wish they would release two at a time…
i think they have been doing 2ish at a time, right? Last week was Bags Groove and Dolphy I thought? They were just a little delayed between putting the two up. i could be totally wrong though and maybe Dolphy has been in stock for 2 weeks.

Mingus at Carnegie from Run Out Groove... thoughts? Mind blowing? Less than mind blowing? So far everything I've ever gotten from ROG has been incredible.

Back