Definitive Audiophile pressings

Mingus at Carnegie from Run Out Groove... thoughts? Mind blowing? Less than mind blowing? So far everything I've ever gotten from ROG has been incredible.

Not quite what you're asking because I don't have that particular title, but I have these ROG's and they're all great. In case you see them around and they're your thing:

The Dream Syndicate - The Complete Live At Raji's (my favorite - great recording, great show)
Luna - Lunafied
Baby Huey & The Babysitters - The Baby Huey Story
Cher - 3614 Jackson Highway
Morphine - Yes
Morphine - Good
The Donnas - Spend The Night
Curtis Mayfield - Curtis
Bettye Lavette - The 1972 Muscle Shoals Sessions
Primal Scream - Give Out But Don't Give Up (The Original Memphis Recordings)

Not quite what you're asking because I don't have that particular title, but I have these ROG's and they're all great. In case you see them around and they're your thing:

The Dream Syndicate - The Complete Live At Raji's (my favorite - great recording, great show)
Luna - Lunafied
Baby Huey & The Babysitters - The Baby Huey Story
Cher - 3614 Jackson Highway
Morphine - Yes
Morphine - Good
The Donnas - Spend The Night
Curtis Mayfield - Curtis
Bettye Lavette - The 1972 Muscle Shoals Sessions
Primal Scream - Give Out But Don't Give Up (The Original Memphis Recordings)
I have Baby Huey and Curtis and also vouch for both. They are excellent.

That's the thing. Outside of Dolphy, they've all sold out within hours. So frustrating.
Rollins was around for awhile too. My guess is that a lot of these repressed titles are going to the backorders getting fulfilled. If there's a title you MUST have, I'd consider placing a backorder. I did that for the Lightnin Hopkins titles. Goin Away sounds incredible and I wanted to get the other two.

Last edited:
Rollins was around for awhile too. My guess is that a lot of these are going to the backorders getting fulfilled. If there's a title you MUST have, I'd consider placing a backorder. I did that for the Lightnin Hopkins titles. Goin Away sounds incredible and I wanted to get the other two.
I think this is correct (the bit about pre-orders being fulfilled). Unless I’m misinterpreting this top sellers list for 200g vinyl, aren’t Relaxin’/Cookin’/Steamin’/Soultrane all pre-orders in this series?

1641859464823.png

I'm guessing they are all the preorders. Could always click on em to see which pressings they link to!
Maybe, but couldn't presales count as sales?
Yes — I wasn’t clear, apparently (apologies!).

I did click on the links, and they all seem to be presales counted as sales. I was trying to reinforce MikeH’s point that they’re selling out quickly, in part, bc pre-sales are being fulfilled.

Yes — I wasn’t clear, apparently (apologies!).

I did click on the links, and they all seem to be presales counted as sales. I was trying to reinforce MikeH’s point that they’re selling out quickly, in part, bc pre-sales are being fulfilled.
Excuse me for asking, since its probably been covered a million times but I cannot seem to find an answer on their website: does AS follow the "charged when shipped" model like Music Direct?

Has anyone who ordered from AS recently have their packages ship out yet? I've placed 2 orders of in-stock titles so far this year and neither has shipped.

I'm still waiting on Bags Groove, but I received Rollins Plays for Bird and Lush Life awhile back (if that helps).
Did you place multiple individual backorders for them, or just one order? Wasn't sure if they would ship individually if they're part of the same order.

Did you place multiple individual backorders for them, or just one order? Wasn't sure if they would ship individually if they're part of the same order.
Ii havent been placing any backorders, just been lucky I guess. Ordered Rollins and Trane the day they went up, same for Bags Groove.

Has anyone who ordered from AS recently have their packages ship out yet? I've placed 2 orders of in-stock titles so far this year and neither has shipped.
They have been very slow to ship. Ordered Dolphy which was in stock on dec 23rd and I just got it yesterday. Shipped sometime last early last week.

Excuse me for asking, since its probably been covered a million times but I cannot seem to find an answer on their website: does AS follow the "charged when shipped" model like Music Direct?
You’ll get a hold on your card. But then I believe it will go away.

Back