Definitive Audiophile pressings

If there is one thing I've done correctly in my life (likely a small number)...it's having watched 0 minutes of a vlogger ranting about anything. ....or more importantly, knowing what a vlogger is.

Maybe this counts as a n&glogger rant though?
Honestly, I had never seen one until I clicked on a couple that were linked here. Now it's totally a morbid curiosity that keeps me occasionally clicking on one when they pop up. They are almost universally horrendous.

In the unlikely event I haven't posted about this before, I'm highlighting it now.

Impex's 2015 remaster/reissue of Famous Blue Raincoat, by Jennifer Warnes, is fantastic. It's a great album in any format, but the Impex version takes it to new heights. Stunning stuff with beautiful arrangements and stellar sound. The song Famous Blue Raincoat rips my heart out every time.

If by some chance you think Leonard Cohen is a great poet but you don't like his voice, or maybe you haven't ever really heard his music, this album by Warnes actually could be a great entry point.

restock of Time Out 45RPM. I have a feeling that the APs will be repressed/restocked a lot more frequently now that QRP seems to be focusing on that and not taking any new orders.
Also, in one of the videos w/ Chad in the fall (can’t remember which), he mentioned that they’d acquired a couple (or a few?) new presses, and those may now be operating and contributing to better inventory flow.

Think this was possibly brought up in the recent past, but quite a few of those BoomBoom Motown in mono albums seem to be getting break out releases now. Been seeing this one pop up in a few places now:

Hmmm, some great music here and boom boom to boot! Any idea where these are pressed? AAA?

Yep. I have Reflections and Sophisticated Soul and both sound great. I think I ended up with 2 copies of Reflections because one came with the wrong labels.
I was just going to ask if anyone had favorites out of the bunch. Fabulous Miracles jumped out at me right away so I’ll be getting that one for sure, but will likely add some others to the order as well.

I was just going to ask if anyone had favorites out of the bunch. Fabulous Miracles jumped out at me right away so I’ll be getting that one for sure, but will likely add some others to the order as well.
I grabbed those two only because they were the only two available at the time from Sound of Vinyl. The bundle was sold out. They had a few copies of broken out titles (maybe from returns of damaged box sets). Looks like they still have Reflections

I grabbed those two only because they were the only two available at the time from Sound of Vinyl. The bundle was sold out. They had a few copies of broken out titles (maybe from returns of damaged box sets). Looks like they still have Reflections
Ahh gotcha, thanks. I think they all might be in stock at acoustic sounds.

The bass on Reach Out is pretty amazing. Really stands out of all the releases to me. I would say the Temptations and Four Tops albums are definitely essential. Miracles as well.

Back