Definitive Audiophile pressings

I would of would sworn I had a copy of this, but maybe I don't and usually play other titles from him.
Any recommendations on a pressing of Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key of Life?

I would of would sworn I had a copy of this, but maybe I don't and usually play other titles from him.
Any recommendations on a pressing of Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key of Life?

OGs. It’s one for digging to find an original. Stevie won’t let the master tapes out of his possession anymore so anything new is done either from tapes generations down from the original masters or, more likely, digital transfers.

I looked earlier this week and was also getting $19.44. but I see no mention of the flat shipping anywhere anymore so I have no idea if that covers duty or not.
At first it didn't have an upper limit to the order, so obviously some smart canuck bought a huge order and got is shipped for 30 bucks

At first it didn't have an upper limit to the order, so obviously some smart canuck bought a huge order and got is shipped for 30 bucks
Well I went and added like 30 albums to the order to see how far it would go before it went over the $19.44 and it took like six or seven albums before the price went up. So it's still some sort of flat rate. But not sure about duty.

FYI, looks as though Acoustic Sounds bumped up pricing >15% on a number of Speakers Corner releases. Most of the single LP Mingus releases jumped from $34.98 to $41.98, while the 2xLP Mingus at Antibes jumped from $64.98 to $74.98. Grateful that I finally caved and ordered the latter at 10% off the old price during the recent holiday sale.

FYI, looks as though Acoustic Sounds bumped up pricing >15% on a number of Speakers Corner releases. Most of the single LP Mingus releases jumped from $34.98 to $41.98, while the 2xLP Mingus at Antibes jumped from $64.98 to $74.98. Grateful that I finally caved and ordered the latter at 10% off the old price during the recent holiday sale.
About $60 US shipped from jpc.de

Terrific! With the additional revenue, AS will be able to hire more staff, which will in turn allow them to timely ship orders!

Why does it feel that the price hikes are coming after jazz fans? Is the idea that "they'll pay anything" kicking in? ;)
I'd say it's more that the price hikes are affecting the "audiophile" labels, and unfortunately for jazz fans (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the "audiophile" labels put out mostly jazz titles. So it's less about jazz fans and more about fans of high-quality pressings.

I'd say it's more that the price hikes are affecting the "audiophile" labels, and unfortunately for jazz fans (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the "audiophile" labels put out mostly jazz titles. So it's less about jazz fans and more about fans of high-quality pressings.
It’s a price elasticity study being conducted by the Econ department @ U Kansas-Salina.

Joking aside, prices have reached my limit on many items. I canceled my order for King/SRV “In Session” @ $60 and haven’t picked up several of the Prestige Mono reissues @ $40 bc of price. I’d have pulled the trigger on at least 2 others at a lower price.

It’s a price elasticity study being conducted by the Econ department @ U Kansas-Salina.

Joking aside, prices have reached my limit on many items. I canceled my order for King/SRV “In Session” @ $60 and haven’t picked up several of the Prestige Mono reissues @ $40 bc of price. I’d have pulled the trigger on at least 2 others at a lower price.
I have been priced out of a lot of the AP stuff. Unless it's really something I want, I won't be buying much of those anymore. Even the 2xLP MoFi's hitting $60 is pretty crazy. Sure, there are probably some albums that many would pay $60 for, but $60 for a 2xLP of Love Over Gold is a little much.

I have been priced out of a lot of the AP stuff. Unless it's really something I want, I won't be buying much of those anymore. Even the 2xLP MoFi's hitting $60 is pretty crazy. Sure, there are probably some albums that many would pay $60 for, but $60 for a 2xLP of Love Over Gold is a little much.
Between price, scarcity (real or contrived), quality I see not only my used vinyl purchases going up, but my CD collection may be growing a bit as well.

Hmm I guess that means I won’t be getting that Allen Toussaint reissue after all. I’m feeling priced out if this hobby, which is a shame considering that the reason I started buying records in the early 2000s was precisely because they were dirt cheap.

Back