Definitive Audiophile pressings

Just came here to post Candy-O, but since you beat me to it, I’ll add this

I grabbed a copy of Candy-O also. I’ve never owned it on vinyl. A classic title. The other MoFi Cars LPs sound great.

Didn’t see The Pretenders restock but it is a good one.

Anyone know anything about this release date? Boom Boom and pressed at RTI. Instant buy from me - just trying to figure out the best place to buy from.
Pretty sure this reissue has been rumored for years and never actually been released. Some people said they placed orders awhile back and they all got canceled

Same here. The only Cars I own on vinyl is the debut, MoFi as well. I’ve been looking for Candy-O for a bit, so I’m super excited to get one.
Kind of funny how that $39.99 price tag for a Mobile Fidelity title feels almost like a bargain these days. I have a sneaking suspicion I've been manipulated..... ;)

Finally received some of the AP Prestige titles I was waiting on, and man these are top notch. Really phenomenal releases. The Bags Groove is absolutely sublime. Excited to listen to some of the others! Outward Bound is on deck.
they are excellent. I skipped Bags Groove but I grabbed Rollins Plays for Bird, Outward Bound, and Lush Life (and have Tenor Madness on order). they sound phenomenal. it's funny to see everybody trying to sell their old copies for $100+ on ebay now though. there's a HUGE influx of copies up there now in the past few weeks.

they are excellent. I skipped Bags Groove but I grabbed Rollins Plays for Bird, Outward Bound, and Lush Life (and have Tenor Madness on order). they sound phenomenal. it's funny to see everybody trying to sell their old copies for $100+ on ebay now though. there's a HUGE influx of copies up there now in the past few weeks.
Oh, I bet! The only one I owned prior to this was the Benny Golson which is fantastic. A few of the titles in the series got me into jazz a few years ago, particularly Bags Groove. Prestige did a few color "Think Indie" exclusives that I bought from my old local that used to get them in. Needless to say these are a pretty nice upgrade, so I'm pretty excited to add them to the collection.

Pretty sure this reissue has been rumored for years and never actually been released. Some people said they placed orders awhile back and they all got canceled
Yeah, as I was digging around more, I realized the 25th anniversary is 2019. Bummer. Hope it gets resurrected.

Yeah, as I was digging around more, I realized the 25th anniversary is 2019. Bummer. Hope it gets resurrected.
not sure if it was a rights issue or what...I just remember it being announced years ago and then nothing happening with it. AS and Elusive Disc and other places still have it as "preorder" with "date coming soon". there are a few things like that that got my hopes up recently. acoustic sounds had a Ben Folds Five reissue listed as a preorder but I think they took it down recently.

not sure if it was a rights issue or what...I just remember it being announced years ago and then nothing happening with it. AS and Elusive Disc and other places still have it as "preorder" with "date coming soon". there are a few things like that that got my hopes up recently. acoustic sounds had a Ben Folds Five reissue listed as a preorder but I think they took it down recently.

I think it's still coming but just stuck in manufacturing wilderness. HHV have a release date in Feb

i'll believe it when i see it! haha. places have had listings for it for years with release dates, and have always ended up cancelling orders.

I see those Motown in Mono LPs that Kevin Gray cut a couple years ago (AAA in tip-on stoughton jackets) are finally up for preorder on Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc at least. Some good records in there: Temptations, Four Tops, Miracles, Supremes, Marvelettes. $35 a pop.

So my buddy got a new copy of Reach Out from The Motown mono series. He said his doesn’t have KPG in the deadwax. @Urbs_hott if you didn’t already order these, may want to contact AS or someone and see what the deal is. Seems strange for them to press the same 5 titles and recut them again in mono?

Back