Definitive Audiophile pressings

I’ve got pretty clean originals of the early stuff but was curious if the CB cuts were the final say these….
I’d probably just stick with my OGs if you’re happy with how they sound! I know that doesn’t really answer your question though haha. Not sure who else here has clean OGs and the bellmans but maybe someone else can be or more help!

Trick hasn’t failed me yet! A few times no UPC has come up but when it does, it’s been the album that matches.
You can also try copying a UPC from discogs and pasting it directly into the Amazon search bar. I do that all the time. (Or rather, I used to do that all the time. I've been so disappointed with Amazon's packaging lately I avoid ordering from them unless it really is an amazing deal.) Amazon doesn't show the UPC anywhere on the page, but I think UPCs must be connected to the item pages, even if hidden. (That might be why CamelCamelCamel can show that info.)

You can also try copying a UPC from discogs and pasting it directly into the Amazon search bar. I do that all the time. (Or rather, I used to do that all the time. I've been so disappointed with Amazon's packaging lately I avoid ordering from them unless it really is an amazing deal.) Amazon doesn't show the UPC anywhere on the page, but I think UPCs must be connected to the item pages, even if hidden. (That might be why CamelCamelCamel can show that info.)
Good tip!

I typically order the AS series and some Tone Poets via Amazon. Free shipping and usually a few bucks discount vs list pricing.

Lately they've shipped a single record in a mailer and the mailer within a box. So it's been working out well for me.

for those of you who want the IR Billy Squier, might be worth an order direct from IR. Shane said that there are only a few hundred copies after current preorders are accounted for and he doesn't think that there are enough to go out to wholesalers.

As I assume everyone could have guessed, the AP Prestige Mono pressing of Miles' Bags Groove is absolutely amazing. It sounds so good. Buy this series with confidence. Speaking of which, an insert had all the titles that are being released, half mono and half stereo:
View attachment 125556
View attachment 125557
this is the full list on their site as well:

highly recommend backordering any must-have titles. they don't charge until shipping. Soultrane is up now for order. I'd guess it'll be sold out by the AM. Supposedly they are posting a few hundred copies each week of any new title (about 1 per week so far):

As I assume everyone could have guessed, the AP Prestige Mono pressing of Miles' Bags Groove is absolutely amazing. It sounds so good. Buy this series with confidence. Speaking of which, an insert had all the titles that are being released, half mono and half stereo:
View attachment 125556
View attachment 125557
It’s stellar! The clarity blew me away. Milt Jackson particularly sounded so crisp and like he was standing right there in the room. Exceptional series.

View attachment 125556
View attachment 125557
I'm crossing mine off with a sharpee as I go along, interested to see where I'll hit bingo.

highly recommend backordering any must-have titles. they don't charge until shipping. Soultrane is up now for order. I'd guess it'll be sold out by the AM. Supposedly they are posting a few hundred copies each week of any new title (about 1 per week so far):

this thread is dangerous

8762E7D8-65A7-4FD1-953B-7949454B6AF5.jpeg

Thanks! Had to grab Soultrane (and that Ahmad Jamal Live at Pershing, and maybe one more). 😂

Back