Definitive Audiophile pressings

AS wrote back to say that they will charge shipping on the pre-ordered item, despite how the order appears.
A couple of weeks ago we were talking about whether Acoustic Sounds would add a shipping charge on backordered items if you placed an order for in-stock items that was large enough to get free shipping. I just got a shipping notification for a backordered Head Hunters 33rpm and checked my pending charges on my credit card. They billed me for the item and tax but not any shipping charge. I placed that order back on October 1, so it's possible they've changed their policy since them. But despite what the customer rep said, I think I'm going to try it again in the future--that is, include a couple of backorders next time I place an order that includes enough in-stock items to qualify for free shipping.

A couple of weeks ago we were talking about whether Acoustic Sounds would add a shipping charge on backordered items if you placed an order for in-stock items that was large enough to get free shipping. I just got a shipping notification for a backordered Head Hunters 33rpm and checked my pending charges on my credit card. They billed me for the item and tax but not any shipping charge. I placed that order back on October 1, so it's possible they've changed their policy since them. But despite what the customer rep said, I think I'm going to try it again in the future--that is, include a couple of backorders next time I place an order that includes enough in-stock items to qualify for free shipping.
others reported this as well. Also reported that multiple backordered items on the same order have shipped separately with only one shipping charge

Sadly it looks like Pure Pleasure and Speakers Corner have raised their prices. Around $40 for a 1LP. Some places like AS have already raised prices on all releases while JPC, MD and shops like Plaidroom seem to have only raised prices on new releases.
Certainly has effected my habits, I've been buying a whole lot less. Really need to love an album for me to spend $40 on 1LP. Definitely re-thinking a lot of titles that I would've probably jumped on for $30/$32.

Certainly has effected my habits, I've been buying a whole lot less. Really need to love an album for me to spend $40 on 1LP. Definitely re-thinking a lot of titles that I would've probably jumped on for $30/$32.
I’m glad I got that Allen Touissant when I did. I just ordered two other albums from JPC. But yea…I gotta buy less now that everyone has raised prices. I wish I had a better local…there’s one near me that’s good for some used stuff but don’t have new records really.

Is there a definitive pressing of Portishead’s Dummy?
I don't know about definitive, but I have this one that I'm pretty happy with

I will actually add it to this thread that's been forgotten a bit

Addendum to my previous post about the new Okonokos... It's really good. Like it sounds really really good. There's a few tracks in there that are just massive and the stage and fidelity is fantastic. I'd be shocked if it isn't on par sound wise with the previous pressing. And it's dead silent too, GZ did good for once...

Back