Definitive Audiophile pressings

I'm still waiting for mine, I ordered from Music Direct when it was first announced, Didn't know was available direct from Miles' store.
Neither did I originally - I saw it on the Naim forum when someone posted about it and thought I’d jump on. A few who ordered around the same time had shipping notices around mine so clearly all hit the same batch.

I'm still waiting for mine, I ordered from Music Direct when it was first announced, Didn't know was available direct from Miles' store.
I hope yours ships soon. I also haven’t had anything through about customs charges or vat coming through yet either. I expected to get an email this week to say it was awaiting additional payment before it’d clear.

I hope yours ships soon. I also haven’t had anything through about customs charges or vat coming through yet either. I expected to get an email this week to say it was awaiting additional payment before it’d clear.

I'm sure mine will get here soonish. I think they are just going through different 3rd party sellers now.

They only charge if the vinyl order is over £135. You should be ok if that was all that was in your order.

I'm sure mine will get here soonish. I think they are just going through different 3rd party sellers now.

They only charge if the vinyl order is over £135. You should be ok if that was all that was in your order.
Ah yes - $116 all in. So about £86 according to my PayPal transaction.

I really like the look of those outer sleeves from vinyl storage solutions
Being in Canada, these have been the best option for me. I like them a lot. The outers and inners are both great and they have them in all the sizes.

Any rumors out there about the next Craft One-Step? Listening to the Coltrane One-step at the moment and it sounds excellent.

Any rumors out there about the next Craft One-Step? Listening to the Coltrane One-step at the moment and it sounds excellent.
Last time I received a message from someone to say their friend works in the warehouse and told them about Eastern Sounds. This was about a month before it was announced I think.

I will message and see if there are any leaks yet. I think I'm right in saying that they used the first 2 to test the waters and that subsequent releases will be in larger numbers.

I'm not certain I'd put this in the top tier of "audiophile" records without first knowing what the OGs sound like. But the Craft pressing of Isaac Hayes "Hot Buttered Soul" is pretty dang good. Again, it's not perfect, the strings aren't totally natural sounding, it's likely digital. But I know this is an album that doesn't have much in the way of good represses and this one sounds quite good especially considering I don't think this was a master that was ever considered to be exceptionally good for whatever reason. (I don't think, can't remember where but I'm pretty sure that's the prevailing thought with this one and Black Moses)

Also this one is cheap but vanishing in the wild. So if you don't have it and want it, I wouldn't wait too long. No idea if there will be a repress. Also it's got a tip on jacket and nice thick vinyl, which is nice at $29.00.

Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul

Last edited:
I'm not certain I'd put this in the top tier of "audiophile" records without first knowing what the OGs sound like. But the Craft pressing of Isaac Hayes "Hot Buttered Soul" is pretty dang good. Again, it's not perfect, the strings aren't totally natural sounding, it's likely digital. But I know this is an album that doesn't have much in the way of good represses and this one sounds quite good especially considering I don't think this was a master that was ever considered to be exceptionally good for whatever reason. (I don't think, can't remember where but I'm pretty sure that's the prevailing thought with this one and Black Moses)

Also this one is cheap but vanishing in the wild. So if you don't have it and want it, I wouldn't wait too long. No idea if there will be a repress.

Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
Thank you for this. I’ve been sitting on this one in my Discogs want list for a very long time. Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalmistic is among my favorite songs of all time. I’ve held off bc of GZ and my assumption it’ll be around for a while, and I had lost track of it. I suspect Craft will repress at some point, but who knows if/when.

So I pulled the trigger on the last one on Discogs. I‘d be interested to hear the Mofi, which doesn’t have a single review on Discogs.

Thank you for this. I’ve been sitting on this one in my Discogs want list for a very long time. Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalmistic is among my favorite songs of all time. I’ve held off bc of GZ and my assumption it’ll be around for a while, and I had lost track of it. I suspect Craft will repress at some point, but who knows if/when.

So I pulled the trigger on the last one on Discogs. I‘d be interested to hear the Mofi, which doesn’t have a single review on Discogs.
Yeah I mean I'm sure the Mofi would kill it, but... $$$. From what I can tell it's Memphis Record Pressing that did the actual press. I think? Although I do see GZ on the cogs link, but it didn't have the "Product of CZ" on the packaging so I don't think they pressed it. Do they own Memphis Record Pressing? I've lost track...

EDIT - They do own them. That's why they're on the Cogs link. But this was MRP pressed. (I know, not much better but... I've had less endemic problems with MRP than GZ FWIW.

Yeah I mean I'm sure the Mofi would kill it, but... $$$. From what I can tell it's Memphis Record Pressing that did the actual press. I think? Although I do see GZ on the cogs link, but it didn't have the "Product of CZ" on the packaging so I don't think they pressed it. Do they own Memphis Record Pressing? I've lost track...

EDIT - They do own them. That's why they're on the Cogs link. But this was MRP pressed. (I know, not much better but... I've had less endemic problems with MRP than GZ FWIW.
Oy. I think I stopped at GZ and never looked beyond that. As I said, it’s been on my list for ages and lost track. I didn’t realize who actually pressed it at all, even today when I looked after your post.

Might be of interest.

Video best viewed at 1.75x playback speed or higher.

Also, thank you for sharing! I backordered that Bill Evans box set about 3 or 4 years ago. Happy to hear it has a before May 2022 press date. Now I can set aside the money for it. Hopefully they honor the $600 price from before and not charge $900 (their new price).

Last edited:

Might be of interest.

Not really. Chad is just lining his pockets now. He put through a massive price increase ($600 to $900!!?? Really??) and has now taken his plant to pressing only his titles. Why bother pressing for anyone else when you can gouge like this?

And people will keep on doing his marketing for him by announcing represses.

Back