Definitive Audiophile pressings

Anybody have the Deja Vu 50th pressing? Or a recommendation for a good pressing of it that doesn't break the bank?

Anybody have the Deja Vu 50th pressing? Or a recommendation for a good pressing of it that doesn't break the bank?

Yeah it's pretty great. Chris Bellman AAA. Sounds fantastic like the other Neil Young and CSN solo reissues Grundman and Bellman did. Expensive though since it's a boxset with the 4 CDs and booklet. $75 or so.

If you want a good vintage version, try to find the Sam Feldman cut with "sf/atl" in the dead wax on both sides. There are a few versions of it out there, this is one: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déjà Vu

Yeah it's pretty great. Chris Bellman AAA. Sounds fantastic like the other Neil Young and CSN solo reissues Grundman and Bellman did. Expensive though since it's a boxset with the 4 CDs and booklet. $75 or so.

If you want a good vintage version, try to find the Sam Feldman cut with "sf/atl" in the dead wax on both sides. There are a few versions of it out there, this is one: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déjà Vu
I don't care much about the CDs so found a copy missing one of the CDs for a good price.

I would definitely go for that. That version is my go-to when I wanna play it over my of Feldman copy, but both are great. I got a feldman for like $30 VG++. Usually not that expensive but they are hard to find sometimes.

Just shared this on the Jazz thread but relevant here as well.

SAM Records haven't been able to absorb the big price hike in manufacturing and have had to raise all their prices as a result. I noticed they were offline yesterday and I thought maybe they were releasing something big (maybe a new artisan). Shame its this but what else can they do?

IMG_6294.jpg

Last edited:
Another for the Boom💥Boom💥 Room (#136). A bit of a white whale for me up here in Canada. This one curtesy of @Sonicpharmacist. Took a bit to get from Montana to Ontario. Looks like it took the long with a 2+ week cocaine and rosé binge in LA but it got here safe and sound.
View attachment 132662
a boom💥boom💥- a-day keeps the doctor away!

is this a drastic plastic reissue?

calling all Neil Young Fans. Now available for pre-order

1647611838900.png

This box set continues the chronological re-releasing of Neil Young’s official releases, remastered where analog tapes exist. Volume 4, released as a 4 LP box and 4 CD box, includes Hawks & Doves from 1980 (ORS 13), Re*Ac*Tor (with Crazy Horse) from 1981 (ORS 14), This Notes for You from 1988 (ORS 20), and Eldorado from 1989 (ORS 21). These albums bookend the period 1982-1987 when Neil recorded for Geffen Records, hence the non-sequential ORS numbers.
This is the first official vinyl release of Eldorado, a 5 track mini-album (previously only released on CD in Australia and Japan) and it includes two much sought-after tracks, “Cocaine Eyes” and “Heavy Love”.
The vinyl of Hawks & Doves, Re*Ac*Tor and This Notes for You have all been remastered from the original analog tapes by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Eldorado vinyl is mastered using the 44/16 digital master.

The latest rumor is Bitches Brew one step is coming this summer. I'll believe it when I see it!

I have ELO on order from a Target sale and just had to approve the delay. Hoping it comes through!
Target just canceled my ELO and won’t let me reorder for the sale price. Pretty annoyed, I don’t know why I attempt to order vinyl from Target. Hope it comes through for you!

Target just canceled my ELO and won’t let me reorder for the sale price. Pretty annoyed, I don’t know why I attempt to order vinyl from Target. Hope it comes through for you!
Damn! I have mostly been lucky *knock on wood*. They sent me the Tapestry One Step last month for the sale price. You could always order it through Paladin Buyers Club at a discount (See the members only threads).

Back