Definitive Audiophile pressings

Damn! I have mostly been lucky *knock on wood*. They sent me the Tapestry One Step last month for the sale price. You could always order it through Paladin Buyers Club at a discount (See the members only threads).
Thanks, that’s a good idea.

Well some closure on my Russian sourced 30th Anniversary DSOTM that I bought the day before they invaded Ukraine. To my surprise it actually showed up. 😲

1647642405541.png

1647642467067.png

1647642501886.png

Vinyl is flat and looks perfect. Running it through a clean now and will toss on the table tonight.

I am still wrestling with thoughts of how unbelievably privileged I am and how completely trivial this is. My heart breaks watching all the destruction and lives being destroyed so needlessly. Praying for peace and healing for the Ukrainian people. 🇺🇦

Last edited:
There is a decently priced one on discogs at the moment for $100 (DSOTM 30th). It's as good as I have ever heard this album sound.
Paradise Found is a great store. I believe they are the place that sells VMP ROTMs too if you are looking for any. Bought Bill Withers from them after it had sold out at VMP. VMP gives them some of each ROTM every month I think since they are also in CO.

Well some closure on my Russian sourced 30th Anniversary DSOTM that I bought the day before they invaded Ukraine. To my surprise it actually showed up. 😲

View attachment 132779

View attachment 132780

View attachment 132781

Vinyl is flat and looks perfect. Running it through a clean now and will toss on the table tonight.

I am still wrestling with thoughts of how unbelievably privileged I am and how completely trivial this is. My heart breaks watching all the destruction and lives being destroyed so needlessly. Praying for peace and healing for the Ukrainian people. 🇺🇦
Well, nothing you can do about it, you ordered before the invasion, and it isn't the average Joe Ruskie that is at issue, it is Roid Rage Vlad. The Russian people, particularly older, have never developed much independent thought, having been told what to think all their lives. The younger to middle are becoming more aware.

I ordered a record from a Ukraine seller on Discogs about a week before Vlad's invasion, and had an exchange with the seller, who has a record store in Ukraine. He was ready to fight. Unbelievably brave and resilient people, and when I see images of the trash twerking and partying on Florida beaches during March break, I can't help but be struck by the contrast.

That Ukraine seller's store on Discogs is empty of records for sale now. I expect that his store no longer exists. The record arrived perfectly.

I don’t have that one. I do remember @NathanRicaud buting it but I’ve not seen Nathan in ages.
Omg, your profile pic is so freaking cute Joe!!! I love it so much!!! 😍😍🙈🐙👌

Yes, the Abbey Road Half-Speed mastered pressing of Amy Winehouse’s Frank sounds exceptional! The pressing has a lot of room to breathe, is punchy, extremely clear and pronounced and has a gre at sound stage! 🎯✅✅✅

It sounds better in comparison to the Abbey Road Half-Speed pressing of Back to Black, and even that pressing sounds pretty great! 💯😌

I highly recommend that Half-Speed mastered pressing @MikeH !!! 🤝⭐

They did the same to me over the weekend. Very frustrated with their process…
Yea--sadly need to be really on top of any delay notices and keep your credit card up to date. Even then, it's likely that you'll get a cancellation.

I never preorder anything from Target that is a must-have or I'd be worried about not being able to get later. The deals are great but I've had things cancelled without explanation or oversold items that I just never got. Preorders are very hit or miss from them.

I have an original UK pressing of Diamond Life. The pressing itself is amazing. I just wish it was slightly less poppy. It’s not that bad though. One of the first records I’d put in a Humminguru.

Back