Definitive Audiophile pressings

Donald Byrd - Street Lady. Any good reissues of this?
Sadly not really. The OGs aren’t too crazy though. I regularly see them for $30-$40 in VG+ on eBay. Wouldn’t be shocked to see it pop up as a TP or BN Classic at some point. A lot of those Byrd fusion albums rule. Ethiopian Knights and Black Byrd are great too.

Sadly not really. The OGs aren’t too crazy though. I regularly see them for $30-$40 in VG+ on eBay. Wouldn’t be shocked to see it pop up as a TP or BN Classic at some point. A lot of those Byrd fusion albums rule. Ethiopian Knights and Black Byrd are great too.
Thanks! I somehow keep striking out on eBay auctions from trusted sellers on Street Lady that’s why I asked about the reissues 😂. Yeah, I love those early 70s Byrds. Stepping Into Tomorrow was one of the first records I bought. Places & Spaces wasn’t too long after.

Thanks! I somehow keep striking out on eBay auctions from trusted sellers on Street Lady that’s why I asked about the reissues 😂. Yeah, I love those early 70s Byrds. Stepping Into Tomorrow was one of the first records I bought. Places & Spaces wasn’t too long after.
There seem to be a few VG+ make an offers on eBay around $40-45. Could probably offer 35 or so and see if people bite on it if you really want one! I’ll keep an eye out for ya. I’ve seen it in shops locally a few times recently too

Not related to a specific release, but just something I got a kick out of while getting my Hoffman forum laughs in today. 47 pages into arguing about the best sounding release of Aja, an album that has long been in the conversation of one of the best engineered albums of its era, the Almighty chimes in:

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 9.30.15 AM.png

Now I know there are several here that will agree with him (and shame of you, really, for not respecting the Dan) but I always get a good kick out of the pretentious attitude/circle jerk over there. Hoffman did a CD version of Aja in the '84, sounds like he got bugged by so many people debating the Cisco/AB vinyl and not mentioning his.

Last edited:
Anyone know when the MOFI David Crosby was released and where? I heard the rumors but I never saw an announcement or a store listing.

Not out yet but soon. The person who made the listing works for music direct. You can call MD and order it.

Personally, I grabbed the 50th anniversary pressing for $20 and it’s excellent. I believe it’s AAA cut by CB. For the $50 price difference, I’m more than happy with the 50th. Cancelled my preorder for the supervinyl

Not related to a specific release, but just something I got a kick out of while getting my Hoffman forum laughs in today. 47 pages into arguing about the best sounding release of Aja, an album that has long been in the conversation of one of the best engineered albums of its era, the Almighty chimes in:

View attachment 133411

Now I know there are several here that will agree with him (and shame of you, really, for not like the Dan) but I always get a good kick out of the pretentious attitude/circle jerk over there. Hoffman did a CD version of Aja in the '84, sounds like he got bugged by so many people debating the Cisco/AB vinyl and not mentioning his.
Expect to see lots of people saying it’s not a good sounding album now. Maybe the Cisco price will drop 😂

The standard version (also AAA cut) is usually like $15-$22 on amazon and always in print and sounds awesome if you wanna save about $100+ bucks. That said I'm totally in on this, very curious to hear how it sounds in comparison. AP rarely disappoints with sound, pressing and packaging quality.
Yea the AAA cut is also pressed at QRP and does sound great. I also have the AP stereo/mono SACD. It's a toss up for me. The biggest reason I want to buy it is to go along w the UHQR of ABAL on my shelf. But that's not really a GOOD reason. But let's be honest with ourselves, none of us our reasonable in this hobby.

Back