Definitive Audiophile pressings

There seem to be a few VG+ make an offers on eBay around $40-45. Could probably offer 35 or so and see if people bite on it if you really want one! I’ll keep an eye out for ya. I’ve seen it in shops locally a few times recently too
My issue is that I prefer to only buy from a handful of sellers who’s grading I’m familiar with. I usually only take a chance on other sellers if it’s a fairly rare record or a really good deal. Plus I’m not really in a rush since I know it’s a fairly easy record to find in good condition so I keep holding out for a really good deal 😂

Is this such a radical opinion? I enjoy Steely Dan more than Pink Floyd and I enjoy Elton John and Queen more than both. Pink Floyd was one of first classic rock bands I got into when I started exploring the genre. I like them well enough I just never liked them as much as the rest of world apparently.

It's always nice to be arguing over Dad rock bands. We earned it.

I like both, though I feel I'm ok owning steely dan's greatest hits while I own 4 Pink Floyd albums.
I own two of each. I would probably add Meddle and I Wish You Where Here to my Floyd collection if I found a good deal on them. I would probably add Katy Lied, Countdown To Ecstasy, and Can’t Buy A Thrill to my Steely Dan collection if I found some affordable copies. I didn’t listen to much SD as a kid or Teenager so They tend to get listened to more often now as my appreciation has grown.

I own two of each. I would probably add Meddle and I Wish You Where Here to my Floyd collection if I found a good deal on them. I would probably add Katy Lied, Countdown To Ecstasy, and Can’t Buy A Thrill to my Steely Dan collection if I found some affordable copies. I didn’t listen to much SD as a kid or Teenager so They tend to get listened to more often now as my appreciation has grown.
I named a punk band I was in Kid Charlemagne. No one else knew where the name came from. We were shite.

I would rather listen to Steely Dan than Pink Floyd if I had to choose. I understand both are good at what they do. I would rather listen to Elton John or Queen than either TBH.
I enjoy Pink Floyd a lot. But I kinda get where you’re coming from. I have to be in the mood to listen to Floyd. And when I do, it really scratches a certain itch. I can listen to Steely Dan, Elton and Queen any day of the week.

File Under: things that are going to surprise absolutely no one.

I've always loved the William Bell record, The Soul of a Bell. I heard of the record through VMP Classics and had that copy.

Given my track record with Speakers Corner, I wondered....would it be that much better?

The answer is yes. It is a KG cut -- and it is a clear order of magnitude better sounding record. The difference isn't slight or subtle -- it's spectacular.

Again: File Under no great surprise, but I'm amazingly happy to have spent the money. Happy Saturday everyone 😀

Let me know hat the Teddy Pendegrass is like when you get it. I'm interested.
@Andy the mixes are pretty terrific. The vinyl quality is flat and shipped great. The sound is "good" -- but not spectacular.

You can find a few of the cuts here on Qobuz: Listen to Don't Leave Me This Way by Various Artists on Qobuz Open Qobuz

...and, though the shipping is crazy to the US, I sort of wish I had gone Bandcamp and got the digital files as well.

Caveat: I'm running the Boston marathon in 3 weeks and so have intentionally not been listening to it beyond the first spin, as I'm going to need Teddy to get me up Heartbreak Hill (all about the playlist...)

@Andy the mixes are pretty terrific. The vinyl quality is flat and shipped great. The sound is "good" -- but not spectacular.

You can find a few of the cuts here on Qobuz: Listen to Don't Leave Me This Way by Various Artists on Qobuz Open Qobuz

...and, though the shipping is crazy to the US, I sort of wish I had gone Bandcamp and got the digital files as well.

Caveat: I'm running the Boston marathon in 3 weeks and so have intentionally not been listening to it beyond the first spin, as I'm going to need Teddy to get me up Heartbreak Hill (all about the playlist...)

I've not listened it yet, but will definitely pick it up at some point.

Best of luck with the marathon!

Back