Definitive Audiophile pressings

Any good, affordable recent repressing of Graceland or best to stick with the origional ?

I have the reissue cut by RKS and pressed at RTI and I think it's pretty good. Copies seems to still be around at a reasonable price.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone compared different pressings though.

I have the reissue cut by RKS and pressed at RTI and I think it's pretty good. Copies seems to still be around at a reasonable price.

I have this one and a clean original. Both sound great. Haven’t compared them closely but I am very happy with both. Don’t think you can go wrong with the RTI repress, and it seems like it’s still widely available. I got mine at B&N about a year ago.

I have this one and a clean original. Both sound great. Haven’t compared them closely but I am very happy with both. Don’t think you can go wrong with the RTI repress, and it seems like it’s still widely available. I got mine at B&N about a year ago.

I imagine these are the same KG plates. And if you're interested in this then you might want to give this a listen:

I imagine these are the same KG plates. And if you're interested in this then you might want to give this a listen:

That pressing of Black Up is awesome. I used to LOVE Shabazz Palaces. And THEEsatisfaction. Haven't listened to them in a minute though.

Folks, any prevailing thoughts about the Tom Petty Best Of Everything Box Set Bellman mastered vs the individual Chris Bellman mastered albums? Is the best of on par with the individual albums quality?

Folks, any prevailing thoughts about the Tom Petty Best Of Everything Box Set Bellman mastered vs the individual Chris Bellman mastered albums? Is the best of on par with the individual albums quality?
I bet the Best Of Everything box is really good… That being said the Bellman cut reissues are fantastic and very reasonably priced. If you’re gonna get one Tom Petty box set this year, grab a copy of the Live Anthology. That thing rips!

I bet the Best Of Everything box is really good… That being said the Bellman cut reissues are fantastic and very reasonably priced. If you’re gonna get one Tom Petty box set this year, grab a copy of the Live Anthology. That thing rips!
Thanks yeah I mean it basically comes down to, I don't want to buy all the album's so the box set probably fills the space I need for Petty hits. I have Damn The Torpedoes and Full Moon both Bellman and they're both great. So hopefully the box sounds the same without any of the usual compilation sound degradation that you sometimes get with these compiled albums.

Thanks yeah I mean it basically comes down to, I don't want to buy all the album's so the box set probably fills the space I need for Petty hits. I have Damn The Torpedoes and Full Moon both Bellman and they're both great. So hopefully the box sounds the same without any of the usual compilation sound degradation that you sometimes get with these compiled albums.
I don't have the single reissues, but I have the Best of Everything Box. Picked it up for $60 earlier this year. It's awesome. Pressed at Pallas and sounds really good. I have the US issue (not sure if the pressing details on the european press is the same).

Thanks for posting about this podcast! I didn’t know about it.

Seeing Shabazz Palaces @ the Woods Stage at Pickathon blew my mind. Really, almost anything at the Pickathon Woods Stage can do that, but this was some cool shite. They played there again in 2015, and, THEESatisfaction, another band highlighted in the Constellation podcast, played Pickathon, as well. Also excellent.

Seeing Shabazz Palaces @ the Woods Stage at Pickathon blew my mind. Really, almost anything at the Pickathon Woods Stage can do that, but this was some cool shite. They played there again in 2015, and, THEESatisfaction, another band highlighted in the Constellation podcast, played Pickathon, as well. Also excellent.

i've seen them live a few times and it's always been a cool show. my mind was blown the first time i realized ishmael was one of the guys from digable planets.

I don't have the single reissues, but I have the Best of Everything Box. Picked it up for $60 earlier this year. It's awesome. Pressed at Pallas and sounds really good. I have the US issue (not sure if the pressing details on the european press is the same).
I second what MikeH says. Great pressing and mastering. Basically every recent Petty reissue has been spectacular and I wouldn't hesitate on buying any of them. I found the tracklist for the Best of Everything to be well thought out. Has the hits but also some deeper cuts, fan favorites. You'll enjoy it, if you're just looking to scratch that itch for his music every so often. I purchased the box during a deal (think it was $42), and am very pleased with it.

That was the hottest fucking year

Back