Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yup @RenegadeMonster can this be fixed?

Does going to settings, safari and then clear history and website data resolve the issue?

If yes, the issue has already been fixed and it's just a caching issue. If no I still need to look into it.

I thought I fixed this yesterday and I'm no longer seeing this issue myself.

If anyone does the above and it fixes or doesn't fix the problem please let me know.

Does going to settings, safari and then clear history and website data resolve the issue?

If yes, the issue has already been fixed and it's just a caching issue. If no I still need to look into it.

If anyone does the above and it fixes or doesn't fix the problem please let me know.
Mine is still doing it today, on Firefox

Yeah, I am a Firefox user and I cleared my Cache and still have the same issue…
Mine is still doing it today, on Firefox
Same.

View attachment 134751
Okay so this one is great. Super fun album, Mingus just going nuts on the final track. Really well done by SC. It's not the absolute best sounding recording I've heard so I wouldn't put it in demo territory but I think that's down to the original recording. It was recorded in 61 so it's still relatively early but to my ears it sounds very good and natural and if you're a fan I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up. It's almost like Jazz/Blues with him actually singing on some of the tracks. Rather than just shouting like a maniac from the back of the room (which is also obviously great) like he does on so many others. Super fun album.

View attachment 134752

And now this accursed album. I initially bought this one a year ago and it came out of the jacket just riddled with scratches due to loose vinyl in the sleeves. I finally got another copy of it this week, it sounds incredible... UNTIL you reach side two and it's got some of the worst no fill I've ever seen or heard. It's from Pallas too. So I would avoid this repress because the sheer amount of no fill on this would indicate to me that it's very likely to be on a lot of these that came off the line. If you can get it from somewhere easily returnable then do it but otherwise I wouldn't.

Disappointing to hear about the non fill. I've had that issue with a few SC reissues lately. I had to return Mingus at Antibes & I'm stuck with a copy of Harry Nilson Aerial Ballet with bad non fill. I thought it was me being really unlucky but Pallas must be having issues. Sam Records stopped using them a while back and switched to Optimal.

Disappointing to hear about the non fill. I've had that issue with a few SC reissues lately. I had to return Mingus at Antibes & I'm stuck with a copy of Harry Nilson Aerial Ballet with bad non fill. I thought it was me being really unlucky but Pallas must be having issues. Sam Records stopped using them a while back and switched to Optimal.
Yeah they seem to be having issues for sure. I really love this album and I'm literally debating putting both discs in the jacket and using side A on one and Side B on the other. But Side B has pops from the scuffed up first copy so it's not ideal. Side A is effing perfect and sounds so damn good. I've contacted Pure Pleasure to see if they can do anything, don't expect much help since they're in Europe. But yeah not sure what the options here are, very little chance other copies won't also have no fill considering how bad it is on this copy...

Yeah they seem to be having issues for sure. I really love this album and I'm literally debating putting both discs in the jacket and using side A on one and Side B on the other. But Side B has pops from the scuffed up first copy so it's not ideal. Side A is effing perfect and sounds so damn good. I've contacted Pure Pleasure to see if they can do anything, don't expect much help since they're in Europe. But yeah not sure what the options here are, very little chance other copies won't also have no fill considering how bad it is on this copy...

I contacted Pure Pleasure a few years back about a disappointing pressing, just asking them if it was the tapes and the best they could do, or an issue. Tumbleweed. & I live in the same country.

I've been wondering, what is non-fill? What does it look like? How does it affect sound quality?

I've been wondering, what is non-fill? What does it look like? How does it affect sound quality?

TBH I'm not entirely sure. I think it's to do with either some dirt, or something on the stamper that means the pressing of the groove isn't made properly. I tend to use it as a bit of generic term for pressing defects that aren't pops & I can't shift by cleaning. But I'm probably wrong.

I think they are supposed to clean the stampers regularly but I suspect a lot of people can't be arsed.

edit - everyone else has the proper answer. I've always called it stitching when it looks as bad as that.

Last edited:
@dansomeone That picture in the article I linked isn't very good. What I refer to as non-fill looks kind of like little stitch marks running along the groove. Often times you cannot even see it, but you'll know when you hear it. It sounds like a "zip" noise, buzzing, or a fart. bzzzzzzzzp.
Sometimes it'll only be out of a single channel. Some people say it looks like a string of pearls20200829_165050.jpg

Back