Definitive Audiophile pressings

I understand that, my point is the status has never changed from preorder so there's no way to qualify for free shipping. They've created their own loophole that requires you to be charged for shipping even though they may already have a batch in the warehouse.

They even have this on their Help page which implies that over $50, a preorder could qualify for free shipping:
  • Preorders
    Preordered albums are those that have been announced but are not yet available from the manufacturer. You will be charged shipping and handling for preordered items with the same provisions as apply to all regular in-stock items.
    As I mentioned, with AS it's hard to tell if this is on purpose...
I get that people are frustrated with AS, but this doesn't seem too big an issue to me. Presumably, if there are any in their warehouse, they're reserved for people who have already ordered. This is really on backorder--but AS no longer takes backorders for non-AS records. By calling this a preorder, they're able to let people go ahead and buy it rather than have to wait to get notified when it comes back in stock. And backorders don't qualify as free shipping either, so this doesn't seem that big a departure.

If you want to get shipping for free and go ahead and reserve your copy, order $50 of in-stock items along with Matador. Then you should see the free shipping option. (There's been some back and forth here about whether they would actually charge shipping in the end, but I've done this three or four times, and they haven't. If they did, I would dispute it because the invoice clearly says shipping is FREE, not "to be determined.")

I get that people are frustrated with AS, but this doesn't seem too big an issue to me. Presumably, if there are any in their warehouse, they're reserved for people who have already ordered. This is really on backorder--but AS no longer takes backorders for non-AS records. By calling this a preorder, they're able to let people go ahead and buy it rather than have to wait to get notified when it comes back in stock. And backorders don't qualify as free shipping either, so this doesn't seem that big a departure.

If you want to get shipping for free and go ahead and reserve your copy, order $50 of in-stock items along with Matador. Then you should see the free shipping option. (There's been some back and forth here about whether they would actually charge shipping in the end, but I've done this three or four times, and they haven't. If they did, I would dispute it because the invoice clearly says shipping is FREE, not "to be determined.")

Edit: I see what you mean about the $50 shipping threshold on other products now if it includes Matador.

Still think some of the practices by AS are disingenuous at best. I will continue to only buy AP titles from them (and even the Prestige ones seem to be hitting other stores now) and go elsewhere for everything else.

Two restocks.

This is what I did with Matador and wasn't charged for shipping on that preorder. I bought a Ben Webster AP along with Matador to get about that $50 threshold.

It is a stupid policy. Should be free shipping over $50 regardless of whether it's instock, a preorder, or backordered.

Have any Canadians ordered from Acoustic Sounds recently? I know they stopped their shipping deals to Canada but do the shipments still avoid duty even through they're FedEx? Or are we back to getting hit up with a million charges...

Maybe this has been covered and if so I apologize but how is this new pressing better or different than the One Step?
I have nothing to compare it to but it sounds wonderful. It’s probably as nice as the Tone Poet or Acoustic Sound Series releases. Seems like if you can get a copy for less than $40 it’s probably worth it. I had a 20% off coupon so I picked that up with a few other things over lunch today. I am happy with it.

I have nothing to compare it to but it sounds wonderful. It’s probably as nice as the Tone Poet or Acoustic Sound Series releases. Seems like if you can get a copy for less than $40 it’s probably worth it. I had a 20% off coupon so I picked that up with a few other things over lunch today. I am happy with it.
Man, I hate when I lose track of which record we're talking about.... :unsure:

Back