Definitive Audiophile pressings

Don’t know how long this has been in stock but I’ve been looking in on it off and on. Grabbed a copy.
Damn you!

Special Shipping Instructions / Notes:
IF your order includes backordered items, they will be sent when they become available.

=========================================================================================
PRODUCT INFORMATION:
=========================================================================================

Qty Item Number Price Total Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 AAPP 363-45 $ 60.00 $ 60.00 Lynyrd Skynyrd / Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd

Last edited:
Maybe this has been covered and if so I apologize but how is this new pressing better or different than the One Step?
The one step has more sibilance on the vocals. It’s also 45, so the songs get split up in a weird way. Since a few songs transition from one to the next seamlessly, that’s broken up on the one step. The tracks fade out, then you have to flip the record and the track fades in.

I listened to them back to back and it’s very close sound-wise which is impressive for the KG cut. Both are detailed but I think the KG has some nicer balance between the instruments. I’d recommend the KG over the one step because the mastering is similarly great but doesn’t break up the flow of the album and has less sibilance. Also the 2nd disc is cool. Packaging is nice quality too aside from the annoying inners.

Some people had issues at the end of side 2 with a pressing defect though.

What are you all thinking for the one step? I’m kind of hoping they go in a rock direction but I would also eat up most jazz titles too. Maybe a more modern release?

What are you all thinking for the one step? I’m kind of hoping they go in a rock direction but I would also eat up most jazz titles too. Maybe a more modern release?
Also wondering about a likely price increase. Each of the first two was $99.99.

I do wonder if much of the Rock titles would sound much better as one steps.

Like with a lot of the mofi titles, I’d be happy with the standard pressing.

Reactions: .Z.
Back