Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yeah, my inner sleeves were a bit bent from the get go and I don’t think I woulda ever got them them back in the jacket. Everything else about the release was exceptional. Doubt I will spend too much time with the disc 2 bonus material but its nice to have it on wax.

Same issue with the inner for LP2 over here. Top corner crushed unfortunately. Probably from the person doing the packing. Debating asking Amazon for a replacement but everything else is top notch from what I can tell. No glaring pressing flaws, no sound defects in the opening and closings of all sides. Stoughton jacket is pristine. There was quite a bit of paper bits and dust on the records, but I washed them. I guess there's dish warping, but I usually get that out with the Vinyl Flat so it's not a deal breaker for me.

Currently spinning the recent Crosby If I Could..." RE that was linked here the other day. Not the new MOFI supervinyl but the $25 50th Ann Ed. Pretty good. Not sure how the MOFI sounds but this is sounding killer.

Also grabbed the Marvin Gaye. I have the OneStep but you all raved so much that I had to grab it.

Both were at my local. Gaye will be next spin but so far impressed w the Crosby

I caved

IMG_3351 by c c, on Flickr
I picked up one of these recently and I have to say it's the first vinyl-related tool I've had that makes me feel like next I'll be making myself a tin-foil hat! :p The very slow, multiple trigger pulls combined with never knowing if it's actually working--it's a unique process.

I've since purchased this brush (on @HiFi Guy's recommendation) and don't seem to have need for the Zerostat anymore. But hey, report back after you've had a chance to give it a try.

Amazon product ASIN B08113TFRV

I picked up one of these recently and I have to say it's the first vinyl-related tool I've had that makes me feel like next I'll be making myself a tin-foil hat! :p The very slow, multiple trigger pulls combined with never knowing if it's actually working--it's a unique process.

I've since purchased this brush (on @HiFi Guy's recommendation) and don't seem to have need for the Zerostat anymore. But hey, report back after you've had a chance to give it a try.

Amazon product ASIN B08113TFRV
That one doesn’t seem to get rid of static as much for me but it’s still very useful. The Sleeve City Thunderon (I think that’s the name?) brush works well for static though

That one doesn’t seem to get rid of static as much for me but it’s still very useful. The Sleeve City Thunderon (I think that’s the name?) brush works well for static though
Yeah, I think my static problem was relatively minor, so this brush seems to do the trick.

I'm definitely wearing the tin foil. As far as removing dust goes, I've been using the duster (mini leaf blower) to remove any dust and has been working perfectly, only drawback is how loud it is. I die and laugh after every use. Maybe I wasn't using the CF brush properly, but it was leaving very light marks after use.
IMG_3054 by c c, on Flickr

I caved

This is probably the most useful thing I’ve bought for this hobby after a vacuum cleaning machine. For whatever reason, I have terrible static electricity in my place. I’ve tried humidifiers, barefoot, etc. I’ve stopped using record brushes because a lot of times they make it worse. I bought the Milty and a use one of those rocket air blower things for cleaning camera lenses to blow any dust off records before playing them instead of brushing now.

Also use the Milty to blast my comforter in bed to prevent the crazy amount of static otherwise. I used to see sparks under my sheets in the middle of the night when I’d peel off my comforter to get up to take a leak.

This is probably the most useful thing I’ve bought for this hobby after a vacuum cleaning machine. For whatever reason, I have terrible static electricity in my place. I’ve tried humidifiers, barefoot, etc. I’ve stopped using record brushes because a lot of times they make it worse. I bought the Milty and a use one of those rocket air blower things for cleaning camera lenses to blow any dust off records before playing them instead of brushing now.

Also use the Milty to blast my comforter in bed to prevent the crazy amount of static otherwise. I used to see sparks under my sheets in the middle of the night when I’d peel off my comforter to get up to take a leak.
I love my zerostat. It works well. I do an “arm hair test” if I can feel the vinyl tugging at my arm hair I give it 4 shots; one at 12 o’clock, one at 4 o’clock, and one at 8 o’clock then a final shot in the middle and that’ll usually does the trick, no more static.

I caved

Zerostat works but for those recs that have so much static u can pickup a MoFi sleeve there is….

I have an early version still working after 4 or 5 yrs. Mine is all plastic and looks like $50 would be a serious overcharge. :). My guess is the new one is built similar but has a nicer grip design for vinyl. However, I’ve never seen one. New one went up to $329 from I think $299 b4.

I use it after cleaning each side on the VPI vacuum and the Zerostat with anti static brush at TT. Works really well. Occasionally I’ll pull a vinyl off TT and it will be crackling w/ static even after Zero. The Furutec usually does the trick. My wife bought mine for BD. She said “Are you sure this is what u wanted?” Didn’t look to impressive.

Last edited:
I love my zerostat. It works well. I do an “arm hair test” if I can feel the vinyl tugging at my arm hair I give it 4 shots; one at 12 o’clock, one at 4 o’clock, and one at 8 o’clock then a final shot in the middle and that’ll usually does the trick, no more static.
Is this with the record on your turntable platter, or holding it in your hand?

Is this with the record on your turntable platter, or holding it in your hand?
I originally used mine on the platter all the time. Then I saw a YouTube video that recommended NOT doing it on the platter. It works much better off platter, but I don’t hold the record. I just set it on top of the sleeve on a flat surface. I only shoot it twice - 3:00 and 9:00. Typically works very well for me.

I originally used mine on the platter all the time. Then I saw a YouTube video that recommended NOT doing it on the platter. It works much better off platter, but I don’t hold the record. I just set it on top of the sleeve on a flat surface. I only shoot it twice - 3:00 and 9:00. Typically works very well for me.
Don't use it while on the platter. Do you really want to risk demagentizing your cartidge?

Back