Definitive Audiophile pressings

Anyone try this yet for static? The randomness of it caught my attention on the SteveHoffman forums.

Amazon product ASIN B07FFWCWNG
I don't have a major static issue but it would be nice to have something to kill it when I do which is why I could never justify getting the zerostat. I read people say that you should keep it 2-3 inches from the record and make a circular motion while being held in your hand? Has anyone had success/failure with this?

I actually had The Sleeve City Thunderon @MikeH mentions in my cart before reading about RONXS so that will probably be the next thing I try if this doesn't work!

Anyone try this yet for static? The randomness of it caught my attention on the SteveHoffman forums.

Amazon product ASIN B07FFWCWNG
I don't have a major static issue but it would be nice to have something to kill it when I do which is why I could never justify getting the zerostat. I read people say that you should keep it 2-3 inches from the record and make a circular motion while being held in your hand? Has anyone had success/failure with this?

I actually had The Sleeve City Thunderon @MikeH mentions in my cart before reading about RONXS so that will probably be the next thing I try if this doesn't work!
This seems like a stretch to me…the thunderon brush works pretty well for static. You need to hold the record while using it so your body acts as a ground.

This seems like a stretch to me…the thunderon brush works pretty well for static. You need to hold the record while using it so your body acts as a ground.

Nice, that's good to hear! I run everything through a VPI and put them in anti-static sleeves so my static issues aren't too bad but that brush seems like the perfect middle ground for me (versus spending 100+) so i'll probably end up with it in the end. Does it seems pretty durable in build quality where it will last a good amount of time?

I fully expect the RONXS not to work that well honestly but there were probably 5+ people on the SteveHoffman forums and a few in the reviews that raved about it working so I figured with the cheap price and easy Amazon returns i'll give it a try more for curiosity then anything else and maybe be surprised!

Nice, that's good to hear! I run everything through a VPI and put them in anti-static sleeves so my static issues aren't too bad but that brush seems like the perfect middle ground for me (versus spending 100+) so i'll probably end up with it in the end. Does it seems pretty durable in build quality where it will last a good amount of time?

I fully expect the RONXS not to work that well honestly but there were probably 5+ people on the SteveHoffman forums and a few in the reviews that raved about it working so I figured with the cheap price and easy Amazon returns i'll give it a try more for curiosity then anything else and maybe be surprised!
I have a zerostat and the thunderon—use zerostat on one setup and thunderon on the other. Build on the thunderon seems good enough. There’s a coupon code at Sleeve City (I think it’s TOVAG15). I use it and then use the other brush that has been recommended on here from Amazon to wipe away any dust particles that may have become stuck to the records because of the static. It works well for me!

Two pressing questions.

The first is for the Pearl Jam fans. Yield. What's the best pressing of that? Are they all single LP? Is that too compressed? I know Pearl Jam does have some stellar pressings (I know Gigaton and Backspacer are both really well done for example. So is Live At Easy Street).

The second - is there any good pressing of Liz Phair's Exile In Guyville?

Two pressing questions.

The first is for the Pearl Jam fans. Yield. What's the best pressing of that? Are they all single LP? Is that too compressed? I know Pearl Jam does have some stellar pressings (I know Gigaton and Backspacer are both really well done for example. So is Live At Easy Street).

The second - is there any good pressing of Liz Phair's Exile In Guyville?
The most recent issue of Liz Phair’s Exile was good if I remember correctly. I haven’t listened to it in a little while though. Liz Phair - Exile In Guyville

Super. You are the second person pointing me towards it, so it's a great sign. Seems like it's hard to find right now though. Will keep an eye out. These things have a tendency to pop back up.
I’d find it hard to believe it’s going to go out of print again. I’m assuming they’ll repress it sometime in the near future.

That Pretenders MOFI is a really great pressing. So is Learning To Crawl if you see it around. Curious to hear your comparison to the original.
Did a little side by side testing today.
Full disclosure: I am a MOFI fanboy.
I like the Mofi pressing. Totally rocks if that's your copy.

However, the original pressing I have is more vibrant, alive, and louder.
Save your hard earned money and buy a solid copy of one of these instead.
This is my version:

In fact I prefer the older copy. Might put the Mofi up for sale shortly.

Cheers and enjoy the spin!

Last edited:
Did a little side by side testing today.
Full disclosure: I am a MOFI fanboy.
I like the Mofi pressing. Totally rocks if that's your copy.

However, the original pressing I have is more vibrant, alive, and louder.
Save your hard earned money and buy a solid copy of one of these instead.
This is my version:

In fact I prefer the older copy. Might put the Mofi up for sale shortly.

Cheers and enjoy the spin!
Original pressing sounds fantastic for this album! Should be easy to find a clean copy for $10 or so too.

Back