Definitive Audiophile pressings

So I A/B'd the Petty Best Of Box (Bellman) with the individual Petty pressings (also Bellman). My intention was the get rid of the individual ones I have and just keep the best of.
Well.
I might be crazy but with the box you can definitely tell it's digital. Or rather I think it's digital. Sounds good, very good even. But it's a bit lifeless and clean, sounds like a CD to me. Whereas the individual ones have the extra little bit of presence on the vocals and guitars that give it that nice natural feel.
Sooooo, now what the hell do I do?
THIS PLAN IS A TOTAL FAILURE

Oh also, if it hasn't been mentioned before. Add this one to the "holy hell this sounds incredible for something recorded in a chicken shack" audiophile pile. And aside from that got DAMN is this a great record.

So I A/B'd the Petty Best Of Box (Bellman) with the individual Petty pressings (also Bellman). My intention was the get rid of the individual ones I have and just keep the best of.
Well.
I might be crazy but with the box you can definitely tell it's digital. Or rather I think it's digital. Sounds good, very good even. But it's a bit lifeless and clean, sounds like a CD to me. Whereas the individual ones have the extra little bit of presence on the vocals and guitars that give it that nice natural feel.

Oh also, if it hasn't been mentioned before. Add this one to the "holy hell this sounds incredible for something recorded in a chicken shack" audiophile pile. And aside from that got DAMN is this a great record.

I’ve been listening to that Link Wray nonstop for the past month. Hadn’t found a good reissue but will grab this one now that I’ve heard something positive about it! It’s such a great record

Well.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the comp is digital too. Most compilations are these days since it’s hard to go back to so many different tapes for a comp. It does sound great to me though

Well.

Keep them all.
When you want a full album, grab one.
When you want the hits, grab the boxset.

Back