Definitive Audiophile pressings

Is it the shop in Poughkeepsie, NY? I think that might be someone’s local here? I bought a bunch of RSD stuff from them a year or two ago and they seemed great to me. Haven’t bought used though.
I think so, it says “Hudson Valley” on their website. I was about to spend $22 on the Matador Slanted & Enchanted cassette reissue and found an original ‘92 copy for sale at Darkside for about the same price so I went that route instead.

I think so, it says “Hudson Valley” on their website. I was about to spend $22 on the Matador Slanted & Enchanted cassette reissue and found an original ‘92 copy for sale at Darkside for about the same price so I went that route instead.
Yeah I looked at their website and while the list of used Mofi's was sweet, the descriptive "used" grading was um... less than ideal?

Nice! I have an Onkyo also--TA-R33. Just a single deck.
That’s awesome! I bought this refurbished off eBay a couple years ago (it came with the original box and instruction manual) it’s pretty fun. I also bought a connector so I can hook it up to my phone and dub mixtapes off of stuff that I don’t have a physical release of. It’s pointless nostalgic bliss.

Last edited:
Darkside Records might be @Slimwhit33 's local? Or at least they have gone there a bunch based on a quick forum search.

Yeah I looked at their website and while the list of used Mofi's was sweet, the descriptive "used" grading was um... less than ideal?
Looking back, I think I've messaged them on instagram to get grading details on some stuff. They seemed pretty responsive.

@MikeH or anybody else really, you ever shop at Darkside records? I just ordered a cassette tape from them online and the only notes regarding condition was “used”.

Did I make a huge mistake?
Darkside is my local. They’re a solid shop. Ive never bought cassettes, but they don’t put vinyl in the bins unless it’s in decent shape. They beefed up their packaging when they raised the shipping rates. Sometimes I have stuff shipped to me since it’s an hour away. I’ve never had issues with anything I’ve bought there. They are responsive on Facebook too.

Darkside is my local. They’re a solid shop. Ive never bought cassettes, but they don’t put vinyl in the bins unless it’s in decent shape. They beefed up their packaging when they raised the shipping rates. Sometimes I have stuff shipped to me since it’s an hour away. I’ve never had issues with anything I’ve bought there. They are responsive on Facebook too.
This one?
For some reason I thought you were from south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Back