Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yeah I held off vinyl Waits for ages because I hate those remasters lol! They actually sound like full remixes rather than just new mastering.

When I got the rhino ones I was wondering what to do with the rest of them and the searching led me to Japanese copies as the best value and then I discovered record city and the rest had been history, very expensive history…
All my og presses sound really good so I haven't considered upgrading, but I almost picked one up just to check and it sounds like skipping it was the right choice.

Oh, I’ve gotta cassette deck and it’s awesome!
View attachment 148043
I love my cassettes/decks. It’s great for those 90s albums that cost an arm and a leg for an OG. I also have a pretty cool local bookstore who puts out cassettes for cheap and even gets newer issues of stuff, mostly through the artists themselves. One of the owners is also a DJ who tapes mixes strictly on cassettes, which are super fun to play.

If you can find a good price on this, I love this two-fer:

It's Waltz for Debby + Sunday at the Village Vanguard. AAA and sounds awesome. Tracklist order, I believe, is in the performance order instead of matching the two album tracklists.
I’ve got this also. I second Mikes opinion. This is fantastic!

Gotta hand it to RCJP: After my recent problems, I asked them to double box my latest shipment, and it was packed so well I think it could have been dropped out of the plane and nothing would have been damaged.

So thankfully, this arrived safely:

View attachment 142625
Another one of these finally landed at RCJ, on my birthday no less! Listening to it now and didn’t expect it to sound so good!

I love my cassettes/decks. It’s great for those 90s albums that cost an arm and a leg for an OG. I also have a pretty cool local bookstore who puts out cassettes for cheap and even gets newer issues of stuff, mostly through the artists themselves. One of the owners is also a DJ who tapes mixes strictly on cassettes, which are super fun to play.
I love that. I miss the days of mix tapes and even of being able to burn mix CDs. We all need our own little presses so we can make mix vinyl for each other.

Cross post fron the music news, because it might interest some people here

Edit: here is a list of affected releases

Last edited:
Cross post fron the music news, because it might interest some people here

Edit: here is a list of affected releases

Funnily enough this has been the subject of quite some tortuous debate in this thread the last month or so lol!

I notice at least one discrepancy in the list vs. the MOFI site. Electric Warrior is 1/4"/15 IPS analogue copy direct to lathe on the MOFI site suggesting AAA while the list says 1/4"/15 IPS analogue copy to DSD256. I wonder if there is just an error (and then which is right?) or whether this suggests a difference between the previous pressing of Electric Warrior and the current repress?

I notice at least one discrepancy in the list vs. the MOFI site. Electric Warrior is 1/4"/15 IPS analogue copy direct to lathe on the MOFI site suggesting AAA while the list says 1/4"/15 IPS analogue copy to DSD256. I wonder if there is just an error (and then which is right?) or whether this suggests a difference between the previous pressing of Electric Warrior and the current repress?

That one and the David Crosby mofi just updated as AAA

Back