Definitive Audiophile pressings

Maybe COVID is caused by WIFI and not 5G?
maybe it was caused by MoFi and not 5G??

giphy.gif

@Turbo i think you were asking about this, but saw it over at Hoffman:

I've been messaging a Mofi Customer Service representative for the last week and they just told me that the archival list will be up by the end of this week or the beginning of this week.
They also confirmed that all Pixies and the Band reissues were AAA. All of Elvis Costello's reissues (with the exception of the Burt Bacharach collaboration) were AAA. Marshall Crenshaw's s/t album is also AAA. I'll update with more information when I get it.
FIWI- The Costello/Bacharach is one of my best sounding records. Just stunning.

If there’s one piece of advise a law guy can give you it’s NEVER go to court unless you’ve another option. Even then think 3 or more times first. The only people who win once it goes to court are lawyers. Hence the existence of PFO money lol!
Yep. It is likely that anyone who bought a MOFI will get an invitation to join the class. By the time everyone joins the individuals will get pennies on the dollar. The lawyers will cash in.

If there’s one piece of advise a law guy can give you it’s NEVER go to court unless you’ve another option. Even then think 3 or more times first. The only people who win once it goes to court are lawyers. Hence the existence of PFO money lol!
Here's another. A class action lawsuit needs to be certified, in other words, the court has to grant leave to take a class action suit.

Despite there not being a shortage of lawyers eager to take some fool's money to file one, it is quite a bit more difficult to convince a court to certify it, i.e. allow it to go forward.

One major obstacle here is that there have to be commonalities within the affected class, basically they all share the same damage caused by the defendant. That will be impossible to demonstrate here.

One defect in the American system is a free for all in contingency agreements, which encourages shady lawyers - of which there are many, due to lax bar associations - to take a 'file anything and hope some stick' approach. That seems to be the case here. Two guys do not make a class, and records that sound great but a few losers all of a sudden have had their precious audiophile world come crashing down does not make for a class action damage claim.

Hope those losers feel powerful right now, for filing their class action. Their bubble will be burst when they have to pay costs.

Not the correct place to put this necessarily but my local just posted a nice collection of original pressing Reggae records, most seem to be In VG+ condition on their website.
I just picked up a NM/VG++ original US pressing of Junior Marvin’s Police & Thieves for $50.

Some of the artists:
Max Romeo
Burning Spear
Skatalites
Toots & The Mytals
Bunny Wailer
Max Romeo & The Upsetters
Bob Marley

To name a few. I may buy a few more if some are still around when I get paid Friday.

Last edited:

Still says AAA from what I see
I meant on the site that lists them all out. MoFi did change one or two on their site but the other site that had them all in one place seems inaccurate now. 🤣

Not the correct place to put this necessarily but my local just posted a nice collection of original pressing Reggae records, most seem to be In VG+ condition on their website.
I just picked up a NM/VG++ original US pressing of Junior Marvin’s Police & Thieves for $50.

Some of the artists:
Max Romeo
Burning Spear
Skatalites
Toots & The Mytals
Bunny Wailer
Max Romeo & The Upsetters
Bob Marley

To name a few. I may buy a few more if some are still around when I get paid Friday.
Alright, I went ahead and purchased the original pressing of Max Romeo & The Upsetters War Ina Babylon as well… THAT’S IT! I’M GOOD!… Maybe.

some more info on the MoFi DSD process is here in this "interview", which is pretty clearly just a prepared set of questions. but some interesting info nonetheless:

Back