Definitive Audiophile pressings

Based on how they've been updating the site, I think it just being a straight up copy-paste error is also in play.

But yeah, Oh Mercy is one of the handful of Mofis I own and it sounds amazing. Oddly enough, I always thought this one was digital since that's what I incorrectly assumed the non-OMR banner meant (I figured it was recorded to DAT or something based on its era). I guess I was right after all, though!
Someone mentioned that on those Dylans, Daniel Lanois liked to do his mixes on (16-bit) DAT and then to 1/2" analogue so that could be the reason for the MFSL banner.

I'll be interested to see what these guys pitch as the "damages" on this lawsuit. That's what I struggle to get to on it - like it's misleading and it's bad business but what is the actual financial or material harm caused by this lie to where civil damages would be due?
"Plaintiffs and the Class are entitled to recover actual damages, treble damages up to $25,000 per violation, prejudgment interest, and attorneys’ fees and costs."

"Plaintiffs and the Class are entitled to recover actual damages, treble damages up to $25,000 per violation, prejudgment interest, and attorneys’ fees and costs."

I should have phrased it as what the actual damage was to the claimants as opposed to the value of the perceived damage. Is the argument that the end user is materially harmed by lies or errant statements about sourcing? What’s the material harm done? Except to Fremer’s ego.

I did a thing….

View attachment 148317

View attachment 148318

This thing is so smooth. I'm not a huge fan of Hoffman the person, but hard to deny that these DCCs sound incredible...
Speaking of Steve Hoffman, I just bought a copy of Buddy Holly and Bill Haley’s From the Original Masters on vinyl. Buddy Holly is still on the way but holy shit does that Bill Haley album sound phenomenal. Probably the best the songs will ever sound outside of pristine 78’s. The sound just jumps out of the speakers. I have quite a few of his MCA masterings of blues records and they are all fantastic in addition to many jazz records and a handful of other albums. He does great work, just bred a relatively toxic audiophile message board ha!

I did a thing….

View attachment 148317

View attachment 148318

This thing is so smooth. I'm not a huge fan of Hoffman the person, but hard to deny that these DCCs sound incredible...
That's a great record!

My wife and I went to see Al Green in D.C., probably about 10 - 12 years ago. It is still in my top-5 for best live concerts I've been to (and I've probably been to hundreds of shows). I was just blown away. Even at his older age, his voice was impeccable. Gave me goosebumps how good he and his band sounded. He was handing out roses to the ladies. Goddamn...Al is smooth.

I should have phrased it as what the actual damage was to the claimants as opposed to the value of the perceived damage. Is the argument that the end user is materially harmed by lies or errant statements about sourcing? What’s the material harm done? Except to Fremer’s ego.

I suppose the cost of the records maybe. Or the loss in secondary value as an investment? Straw clutching. They could claim non monetary damage too I suppose but that’s kinda tenuous I’d argue.

If it wasn’t publicised I could have seen them be offered an amount of PFO money.

That's a great record!

My wife and I went to see Al Green in D.C., probably about 10 - 12 years ago. It is still in my top-5 for best live concerts I've been to (and I've probably been to hundreds of shows). I was just blown away. Even at his older age, his voice was impeccable. Gave me goosebumps how good he and his band sounded. He was handing out roses to the ladies. Goddamn...Al is smooth.
Yea--I've been wanting the DCC pressing for a really long time after a friend of mine has raved about it for years. Hard to imagine that there's a better sounding pressing of this one out there. I grabbed it in Plaidroom's first used drop last week which I think you posted about--so thank you for that! haha. I gotta keep an eye on if he's playing any time soon.

Speaking of Steve Hoffman, I just bought a copy of Buddy Holly and Bill Haley’s From the Original Masters on vinyl. Buddy Holly is still on the way but holy shit does that Bill Haley album sound phenomenal. Probably the best the songs will ever sound outside of pristine 78’s. The sound just jumps out of the speakers. I have quite a few of his MCA masterings of blues records and they are all fantastic in addition to many jazz records and a handful of other albums. He does great work, just bred a relatively toxic audiophile message board ha!
I have picked up some of his Chess pressings which sound great, and I grabbed some DCCs right at the start of the pandemic before prices skyrocketed. Wish I had gotten more. They are all excellent.

Back