Definitive Audiophile pressings

Such a waste of time.
Right, if people are bothered enough by all of this to sue, they should first sell off all the MoFi albums in their collection (likely for a profit). DSD or not, all of them. Since the issue is that they feel bamboozled they should completely disassociate with the brand. Next they should not purchase any of their future releases. It’s my guess that most are unwilling to take those steps but are more than happy to litigate.

Right, if people are bothered enough by all of this to sue, they should first sell off all the MoFi albums in their collection (likely for a profit). DSD or not, all of them. Since the issue is that they feel bamboozled they should completely disassociate with the brand. Next they should not purchase any of their future releases. It’s my guess that most are unwilling to take those steps but are more than happy to litigate.
Exactly what I told someone frothing at the mouth about this on another group.

I took a couple pieces of advice from this thread. I cancelled the two orders I made with MOFI for the Pretenders and The Cars albums I had been wanting to get. I just looked over at my multiple Kallax full of records I don't play enough and thought how much would I actually play these two? Plus, I could always try to find some OG pressings if I really wanted these on vinyl.

I took @Joe Mac advice and checked out Qobuz. Since I have the new Topping DAC that can give me great sound from digital sources, I may just start saving my money and streaming. For things I really want that I know I'll listen to over and over, I'll get it on vinyl. For things that may be a one off listen, I'll listen to it on there. I may look at Tidal as well just to compare quality and quantity. I just have so much stuff I don't listen to.

Last edited:
I took a couple pieces of advice from this thread. I cancelled the two orders I made with MOFI for the Pretenders and The Cars albums I had been wanting to get. I just looked over at my multiple Kallax full of records I don't play enough and thought how much would I actually play these two? Plus, I could always try to find some OG pressings if I really wanted these on vinyl.

I took @Joe Mac advice and checked out Qobuz. Since I have the new Topping DAC that can give me great sound from digital sources, I may just start saving my money and streaming. For things I really want that I know I'll listen to over and over, I'll get it on vinyl. For things that may be a one off listen, I'll listen to it on there. I may look at Tidal as well just to compare quality and quantity. I just have so much stuff I don't listen to.
I really like Qobuz and having a streaming setup. The biggest thing for me is that it’s stopped me from buying newer releases almost entirely on vinyl. I still buy older releases and some reissues but new releases don’t grab me as much since streaming sounds so good on a decent DAC

I really like Qobuz and having a streaming setup. The biggest thing for me is that it’s stopped me from buying newer releases almost entirely on vinyl. I still buy older releases and some reissues but new releases don’t grab me as much since streaming sounds so good on a decent DAC
Exactly the same for me. I'm really enjoying Tidal (we don't have Qobuz in Canada) and I love that I can download albums and play them offline when I'm on the subway where there isn't any wifi service. Because our public transit system is antiquated GARBAGE.

I'm seeing this manifest itself with me as well, but not so much streaming, but going the CD route on new releases and then ripping them to my Plex server................a slave to physical media, lol

I'm seeing this manifest itself with me as well, but not so much streaming, but going the CD route on new releases and then ripping them to my Plex server................a slave to physical media, lol
I got a 5xSACD changer but honestly, I've used it twice so far. Can't get behind CDs yet when streaming has been so much easier with Roon.

Qobuz and Roon are a nice match.
The upscale feature on roon is pretty cool but couldn't decide if it was worth the $12 a month.
It definitely has a better GUI than the bluesound node along with better music writeups.

My vinyl is targeted towards older music. All new stuff is a no brainer to stream.

No cd player, but still buy cds when they are deluxe editions with detailed booklet.
I do have a CD ripper, so sometimes will buy some for $1 and rip em to add to Roon.

The upscale feature on roon is pretty cool but couldn't decide if it was worth the $12 a month.
It definitely has a better GUI than the bluesound node along with better music writeups.

My vinyl is targeted towards older music. All new stuff is a no brainer to stream.
The big thing for me with Roon is the ability to incorporate Qobuz and all my downloaded and ripped files. I have a ton of FLAC files over the years and it makes it all seamless. I also really like their algorithm to recommend music based on what i’m playing.

It’s overkill for sure if you don’t have a lot of downloaded files or don’t stream/play digital a lot.

View attachment 148684
Looking forward to receiving my check for $3.46 fifteen years from now.
I'm surprised I haven't gotten one of these yet. Is it lame sure but it is one of the only ways consumers can hold a big business accountable. So I'm mostly for it in a "you need to be penalized for lying" kind of way not a "I'm so angry" way

What's the cost/space needed for this. Sounds interesting

Last edited:

Except that the vinyl is a different master and has much less compression.

Back