Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Personally I am an android user who has all my music downloaded on the phone. This is for rare cases but yeah I'll keep an eye on the wiiim
Do you not stream at all?

Makes me wonder if you need a different solution altogether. If it’s to play music downloaded on your phone, maybe you need a plex server or other library solution.

Makes me wonder if you need a different solution altogether. If it’s to play music downloaded on your phone, maybe you need a plex server or other library solution.

That gets expensive though if you just want to play a few mp3s off your phone every now and again. Personally id probably avoid Bluetooth and maybe look for a WiFi streaming box that has google chromecast built in so that I could just cast, but that might be more than I’d willing to pay for an occasional convenience.

That gets expensive though if you just want to play a few mp3s off your phone every now and again. Personally id probably avoid Bluetooth and maybe look for a WiFi streaming box that has google chromecast built in so that I could just cast, but that might be more than I’d willing to pay for an occasional convenience.
Pretty sure the wiim still checks that box

No if I'm home by myself I don't stream at all. I basically live in 2005 when it comes to digital music lol. The goal of this is to have a digital solution if I were to have someone over who wanted to be in charge of the aux cord, play a Playlist, or for the rare times of a release where the vinyl doesn't come out for months (zach bryan)

If I'm by myself I just play wax

No if I'm home by myself I don't stream at all. I basically live in 2005 when it comes to digital music lol. The goal of this is to have a digital solution if I were to have someone over who wanted to be in charge of the aux cord, play a Playlist, or for the rare times of a release where the vinyl doesn't come out for months (zach bryan)

If I'm by myself I just play wax

Look it all depends on what you want to pay then really. The wiim would probably be better because WiFi and chromecast are a bit more solid as connections than Bluetooth. But if budget and occasional use is all that matters then maybe you can live with the dropouts that you get with Bluetooth from time to time when the phone inadvertently moves or forgets etc.

Look it all depends on what you want to pay then really. The wiim would probably be better because WiFi and chromecast are a bit more solid as connections than Bluetooth. But if budget and occasional use is all that matters then maybe you can live with the dropouts that you get with Bluetooth from time to time when the phone inadvertently moves or forgets etc.
I find airplay or wifi is much easier to do if someone is over and wants to play something from their phone. Especially with those cheap bluetooth devices--they can be a real pain to connect to.

I find airplay or wifi is much easier to do if someone is over and wants to play something from their phone. Especially with those cheap bluetooth devices--they can be a real pain to connect to.

Airplay isn’t on android though is it so we’re looking a chromecast which means the more expensive wiim. I don’t disagree with you.

I have an old iPad I just keep near my amp and plug into the USB-DAC for these purposes. I can technically control it with my phone (albeit kind of a pain in the ass). Any old devices (phone, tablet, etc) that could be repurposed for similar reasons?

I have an old iPad I just keep near my amp and plug into the USB-DAC for these purposes. I can technically control it with my phone (albeit kind of a pain in the ass). Any old devices (phone, tablet, etc) that could be repurposed for similar reasons?

You’d need a DAC first though which would probably cost more than the cheap streamer or Bluetooth box.

Back