Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Seems pricey!

It always was going to be that or more. Marantz was always going to put better internals in than WiiM to hold their place in the market. The WiiM uses a chip op amp set whereas this has a more proprietary Marantz class D amplification bit. From what Darko said it is a little less of an all rounder for services because HEOS but that sounds a good bit better and is equally easy to set up and integrate a sub on.

The wife's Technics linear tracker has been on the fritz for a while, and I can't get any repair shops to look at it, but I found an 'open box' Technics 100c with a cracked dust cover for $599. Seems worth a flyer.
Any chance you could ship the linear tracker for repair?

Can't seem to get a straight answer because audiophiles are idiots who argue about specs for 50 pages, so asking here:

Is there any real world/practical disadvantage to using a surge protector with a high current amp, and if so, is there a better surge protector designed for use with high current amps?

Based on what I've gathered, I think the answer is "not really an issue" but just trying to make sure I'm not limiting my amp in any way. Don't wanna plug it into the wall directly.

Can't seem to get a straight answer because audiophiles are idiots who argue about specs for 50 pages, so asking here:

Is there any real world/practical disadvantage to using a surge protector with a high current amp, and if so, is there a better surge protector designed for use with high current amps?

Based on what I've gathered, I think the answer is "not really an issue" but just trying to make sure I'm not limiting my amp in any way. Don't wanna plug it into the wall directly.
Following this to save me from saving money buying some expensive Furman that I don’t need in the future when I can get away with an Amazon Basics power strip

Following this to save me from saving money buying some expensive Furman that I don’t need in the future when I can get away with an Amazon Basics power strip
I'm using a Tripp Lite of some kind that I probably paid like $60 for. I'm assuming it is fine for the task at hand, but according to like 900 people online I need to spend $10k on a power conditioner that's shaped like a mountain or I'm missing transient decay or something.

I'm using a Tripp Lite of some kind that I probably paid like $60 for. I'm assuming it is fine for the task at hand, but according to like 900 people online I need to spend $10k on a power conditioner that's shaped like a mountain or I'm missing transient decay or something.
You could also be like that one guy that had his own powerline built in his yard for the purest power possible.

I related my experience with a SurgeX earlier in the thread. If I was worried about surge protection for my big Bryston amp, a whole house surge protector installed by the utility is the way I’d go.

If I lived in an apartment, I’d get a Tripp Lite Isobar with a sufficiently high insurance value. I’d choose Tripp Lite because I’m reasonably certain that it would blow out before my equipment would and that Eaton would honor the insurance guarantee.

You could also be like that one guy that had his own powerline built in his yard for the purest power possible.

Or you could go off the grid entirely and eliminate grid noise. A nice solar array or some wind turbines and a battery system. It’d almost be like regenerated power throughout the house with the dc to ac conversion after the batteries…

-leds~ISOBAR4ULTRA[/URL]

Here… let’s occam’s razor this…. You are using something now… have you tried listening to your system with your current device and without? If you can’t hear a difference, who cares what everyone else says? If it sounds better with, who cares what everyone else says? If it sound better without, then maybe buy a surge protector and do the same?

I personally think there are too many variables location to location, city to city to accurately answer the power question. I mean if we are really splitting hair I know the breaker my system is on isn't the best one it could be on at my house, but it is the best location in the house for listening purposes. Always some form of give and take.

I also had my house hit by lighting once and fried my wireless router (like smoke and everything), couple Rokus, couple surge protectors, garage opener, and oddly enough one HDMI port on a TV. This made me buy a Power Conditioner on sale at Best Buy with the Panamax Warranty. I noticed no improvement in sound quality that I could notice.

My suggestion would be buy a good one but don't go overboard, especially if you still plan to upgrade other things. The good thing about a quality surge protector is you can always put it somewhere else if you upgrade. Diminishing returns definitely comes into play when betting against the strength of Mother Nature.

Edit: All that said, I have toyed with the idea of a solar generator from EcoFlow.LOL

For what it's worth, has served me well AND saved the system once since 2018 :)

Image is linked to the item.
1721342424187.png

Back