Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I have an old iPad I just keep near my amp and plug into the USB-DAC for these purposes. I can technically control it with my phone (albeit kind of a pain in the ass). Any old devices (phone, tablet, etc) that could be repurposed for similar reasons?

Not a bad idea. I might have something laying around

Thanks everyone wasn't expecting such a discussion haha

Not a bad idea. I might have something laying around

Thanks everyone wasn't expecting such a discussion haha
You could also buy an old iPhone for cheap on eBay. Then just use it on WiFi and download your preferred streaming app and/or use Plex to stream your digital file collection. Or, just plug into your computer and get an extra long aux cord if you want to use the device at the same time.

As an Apple user, I will say the Beats Pro earbuds connect super easy to all my Apple devices without doing much work at all. They sound great too .

Yeah I have Beats Studio headphones, that’s what I was referring to earlier. As an Apple company they have a proprietary chip in them that does the pairing and holds the signal. It’s expensive though. Cheap Bluetooth is dog shit.

Yeah I have Beats Studio headphones, that’s what I was referring to earlier. As an Apple company they have a proprietary chip in them that does the pairing and holds the signal. It’s expensive though. Cheap Bluetooth is dog shit.
I’ve got the focal bathys which sound amazing. I have some $20 Bluetooth earbuds that actually sound solid but I brought them out the other day and couldn’t even manage to get my phone connected hah.

I’ve got the focal bathys which sound amazing. I have some $20 Bluetooth earbuds that actually sound solid but I brought them out the other day and couldn’t even manage to get my phone connected hah.

That W1 chip is brilliant though. It brings up a picture of the headphones when you first turn them on and you pair the two devices and then they always attach when you turn them on and never drop. Had them 6 years now!

My echo buds and my b&ws stayed connected without fail. The buds always auto connect. The only reason the b&ws don’t is because I used something else with them last. My little outdoor speaker has no issues hooking up either. I think it’s an excogear or some shit like that.

Can anyone recommend the easiest way to hook up a subwoofer with a speaker level input into a vintage receiver. Can the speaker wire go from the sub to the Speaker 2 input, and then set the receiver to play both speakers 1 and 2? (Example pics of what I’d be working with)

View attachment 207774

View attachment 207775
Just ran across a little device that you may want to look into. At least as another option.

SVS speaker level to line level adaptor.

Another option - yes. But, your first recommendation was on point for only the cost of zip cord. This one would require the device, zipcord and an RCA interconnect.
Absolutely. I still stand by my first rec for when the sub accepts speaker level (as the plate amp in the pic does). This is nifty though for those who are looking at adding a sub that doesn’t accept speaker level inputs. Which is a lot of modern subs.

Absolutely. I still stand by my first rec for when the sub accepts speaker level (as the plate amp in the pic does). This is nifty though for those who are looking at adding a sub that doesn’t accept speaker level inputs. Which is a lot of modern subs.
I’ve definitely learned a lot about the options available. Thankfully both my units have speaker input/output. I tried your recommendation and worked beautifully.

Only drawback is my receiver only has one aux. Any recs for a device that would turn my one aux into 3 inputs without losing any fidelity?

I’ve definitely learned a lot about the options available. Thankfully both my units have speaker input/output. I tried your recommendation and worked beautifully.

Only drawback is my receiver only has one aux. Any recs for a device that would turn my one aux into 3 inputs without losing any fidelity?
I can’t speak to the absolute fidelity of this, but it’s 3-1 and relatively cheap.

Back