Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Hell yeah!
500w into those JBLs.
You are going to be moving some air.

I have heard a lot of good things on the musical fidelity amps and phonos.
Yeah I mean realistically this won't happen to next year at the earliest. But I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for deals or demos. There's a 800.2 silver unit near me that's a demo but I prefer the black to the silver with this one I think. The silver is okay, I may even like it more if the VU meters were real and not a LCD screen. But they ain't...

Yeah I mean realistically this won't happen to next year at the earliest. But I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for deals or demos. There's a 800.2 silver unit near me that's a demo but I prefer the black to the silver with this one I think. The silver is okay, I may even like it more if the VU meters were real and not a LCD screen. But they ain't...
Meh, VU meters are overrated.
It's like the distracting strobe light on my Technics that I wish I could turn off.

JBL/Harman engineers

My home theater dealer (and all around great guy) is really tight with Harman. He did Dr. Toole’s home theater and a few other of the muckity-mucks. That’s why they ever consorted with the likes of me.
I was about to ask how you got in touch with an Harman engineer.

When I worked there we'd email the product lead, who would email the project manager, who would email the engineering lead, who said he would reach out to the right engineer. Then 3 months later we would do the product launch and we'd immediately get an email from an engineer we had never heard of saying "WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT IN THERE?!?!?!?!?!?"

Ah, big corp life 🙃

I was about to ask how you got in touch with an Harman engineer.

When I worked there we'd email the product lead, who would email the project manager, who would email the engineering lead, who said he would reach out to the right engineer. Then 3 months later we would do the product launch and we'd immediately get an email from an engineer we had never heard of saying "WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT IN THERE?!?!?!?!?!?"

Ah, big corp life 🙃
Haha yeah I've never to my knowledge actually spoken to a Harman engineer, it's only local techs for the Eriksson subsidiaries.

Back