Fresh Grabs

I recently sold off a bunch of records so of course I had to buy some stuff to replace em…
View attachment 210250
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush 50th Anniversary Box Set
Neil Young -
Harvest 50th Anniversary Box Set
The Beach Boys - Holland AP
Ween - Chocolate & Cheese
View attachment 210251

Jack White - No Name
The Smile - Don’t Get Me Started/The Slip 12”
Misfits - Earth A.D/Wolfs Blood

The Smile 12” is heading to @Crabbers . I am not a huge post White Stripes Jack White fan but the buzz at the record store along with the store clerks review was enough to pique my interest. The two Neil Young Box sets were initially way over priced but my local recently marked them down plus I had a 20% off punch card which made much more reasonable. Ween and Misfits are new reissues that I am happy to add to the collection.
Damn, that Misfits is like $3 a minute

This is not strictly a fresh grab, but in June I won an online estate auction for a lot of 70+ LPs, some of which were not visible enough in the pictures to tell what they were. A bit of a gamble because of that as well as not being able to check out the condition, but I'm pleased with the haul and the shape of (almost) everything. Quite good for what came to about $2 per title. A bit of Goodwill-level stuff, but largely very welcome records. Just recently got everything cleaned and sleeved.1000004317.jpg1000004318.jpg1000004314.jpg1000004310.jpg

This is not strictly a fresh grab, but in June I won an online estate auction for a lot of 70+ LPs, some of which were not visible enough in the pictures to tell what they were. A bit of a gamble because of that as well as not being able to check out the condition, but I'm pleased with the haul and the shape of (almost) everything. Quite good for what came to about $2 per title. A bit of Goodwill-level stuff, but largely very welcome records. Just recently got everything cleaned and sleeved.View attachment 210261View attachment 210262View attachment 210263View attachment 210264
I think half of this forum was likely conceived to any one record in this picture

Johnny Keating And All Stars - English Jazz (Bally, 1956 First Pressing)
Stan Getz - Stan Getz Plays (Verve Records, 1955 First Pressing)
The Stan Getz Quintet - Interpretations By The Stan Getz Quintet NO. 2 (Columbia, 1957 First Pressing)

It was my birthday a couple of days ago and a big group of us spent a weekend away on the coast. Of course, as soon as I saw that there was a record shop a few minutes walk from our accommodation I just had to visit. They had a small selection of jazz but prime stuff with a few British jazz albums that I would have jumped on if I didn't already have them. However, I didn't have the "Englis Jazz" album that features the creme of British jazz and was a US-only release. The artwork for the 2 Stan Getz albums captured my interest and was reasonably priced too. Finally, a cool T-shirt from the shop to mark the occasion.

IMG_3701.JPG
IMG_3703.JPG

Duke Pearson - The Right Touch (Blue Note, 2023 Tone Poet Pressing)

Im very behind on the Tone Poet series but have been picking them up when deals pop up, like one I saw the other day for this superb Duke Pearson date.
IMG_3702.JPG

Back