Hip Hop

Eminem's pricing is insane...hey Yo Eminem how much u wanna charge for this....ah fuck it let's go with the Detroit area code why not "now everybody in the 313 put your muthaphuckin..." yall know the rest smh

I got a signed Kamikaze artwork lithograph for less than $100 last year off his official store seems a steal now

Man, they've been doing overpriced limited rap shit for over a decade now. Look into Diggers With Gratitude or One Leg Up Records for examples of this. One Leg Up records were $80/pop right out the gate.

That's crazy but it wasn't the norm by any means as far as I can tell. This is becoming more and more frequent and the prices are going higher and higher which is my issue. I mean I know nothing about these releases but I'm also assuming the music wasn't originally released for free and still available to download off of a mixtape website either?

That's crazy but it wasn't the norm by any means as far as I can tell. This is becoming more and more frequent and the prices are going higher and higher which is my issue. I mean I know nothing about these releases but I'm also assuming the music wasn't originally released for free and still available to download off of a mixtape website either?

I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm not shitting on either label and in fact, own a a lot or all of both of their discographies. Most of the material was unreleased at the time of it being pressed so it was the first/only place to hear it. Some songs had been leaked before but generally they were unreleased and only available via the wax (although One Leg Up did start posting their shit on itunes with bonus tracks which definitely pissed me off ((more so for not having the bonus tracks on wax than seeing them made available digitally)))

plus that whole movement put a lot of money in Godfather Don's pocket and dude is the shit and deserves every dollar.

At least we're in for a stock market crash and recession at some point that will hopefully bring the prices back down a bit, but man I'm getting bummed-out about this hobby. I'm considering selling my entire collection 'cause I just don't want to have to think about this shit... I'm at least going to focus less on hip-hop given how out of control it is. If someone just gave me something close to everything I put into my collection I would probably jump on it. It's not fun to have to keep a constant lookout to make sure you are aware of all of the drop dates to even have a chance to buy an overpriced record

I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm not shitting on either label and in fact, own a a lot or all of both of their discographies. Most of the material was unreleased at the time of it being pressed so it was the first/only place to hear it. Some songs had been leaked before but generally they were unreleased and only available via the wax (although One Leg Up did start posting their shit on itunes with bonus tracks which definitely pissed me off ((more so for not having the bonus tracks on wax than seeing them made available digitally)))

plus that whole movement put a lot of money in Godfather Don's pocket and dude is the shit and deserves every dollar.

Repressing Godfather Don would've made VMP cool in my book and they would've done something useful. There's some not ridiculous priced copies of Diabolique about but Hazardous is out of my range.

At least we're in for a stock market crash and recession at some point that will hopefully bring the prices back down a bit, but man I'm getting bummed-out about this hobby. I'm considering selling my entire collection 'cause I just don't want to have to think about this shit... I'm at least going to focus less on hip-hop given how out of control it is. If someone just gave me something close to everything I put into my collection I would probably jump on it. It's not fun to have to keep a constant lookout to make sure you are aware of all of the drop dates to even have a chance to buy an overpriced record

I've considered this fleeting thought! What % of your "average" collection price do you think you could get selling in bulk? I've always pondered this. I don't think I could bring myself to sell 1,000 + albums one by one, even though I could make quite a bit more.

I'm definitely becoming less and less enthused about the hobby myself. It doesnt give the same feeling it used to. Been buying more than I spin for way too long and for what. Your right the stress and FOMO ain't worth it.

I wanted that die cut middle finger Eminem piece but decided today it wasnt worth it, novelty piece to sit on the shelf and get a couple of spins on IG that's it
....but so happens my good friend (who I met through IG) bought me one anyway as i gave him a spare camoflage kamikaze piece for free not so long ago so it worked out I guess lol

I've considered this fleeting thought! What % of your "average" collection price do you think you could get selling in bulk? I've always pondered this. I don't think I could bring myself to sell 1,000 + albums one by one, even though I could make quite a bit more.

Not enough to make it worth it probably. I have no idea but probably 50% if you're lucky

Repressing Godfather Don would've made VMP cool in my book and they would've done something useful. There's some not ridiculous priced copies of Diabolique about but Hazardous is out of my range.

Up until the last few years, I owned everything he put out minus the Status Test Press or whatever and that other weird Hydra single and then a few remixes for other artists he did. Dude really is one of the most talented people in the industry and people sleep hard. I really thank DWG for sorta reviving his career.

I figured somewhere between 35-50% depending on who I was selling to. A record store would look at the lower side of the collection, and then try to buy for less than half of that. I hope I don't get to the point where I consider this!

I mean all of it is worth more to me than anyone else just because my collection is about what I like, about my life, but for me when the negatives start to outweigh the positives it's probably time to move on. I'm still interested for the time being, but like I said I might be focusing more on other genres than I have been even though hip-hop is the thing I care about the most. There's a lot of interesting shit out there for me it's just that the price-gauging, market manipulation is everywhere even if the most dramatic examples are with hip-hop vinyl releases.

That being said there are some really good people doing this. I had yet another awesome interaction with GGBR this week and will continue to support their releases because Bozack is a great guy who gives a shit... and the music is excellent

Up until the last few years, I owned everything he put out minus the Status Test Press or whatever and that other weird Hydra single and then a few remixes for other artists he did. Dude really is one of the most talented people in the industry and people sleep hard. I really thank DWG for sorta reviving his career.

I didn't really know who he was until the Cenu(o)bites album came out. It's all still infinite flames in my book.

I mean all of it is worth more to me than anyone else just because my collection is about what I like, about my life, but for me when the negatives start to outweigh the positives it's probably time to move on. I'm still interested for the time being, but like I said I might be focusing more on other genres than I have been even though hip-hop is the thing I care about the most. There's a lot of interesting shit out there for me it's just that the price-gauging, market manipulation is everywhere even if the most dramatic examples are with hip-hop vinyl releases.

That being said there are some really good people doing this. I had yet another awesome interaction with GGBR this week and will continue to support their releases because Bozack is a great guy who gives a shit... and the music is excellent

I didn't really know who he was until the Cenu(o)bites album came out. It's all still infinite flames in my book.

That Cenubites record is probably a top 5 all time for me.

Back