Hip Hop

Dude @Clint Howard after our conversation about rap & drug dealer/criminal connections I went down a ridiculously deep rabbit hole of the major black dealers and hitmen. Some truly terrifying, but highly interesting history. The 2 that struck me the most, and I had never heard of before were Frank Matthews, and Wayne Perry.

Matthews was super early in the game, like pushing kilos of heroin in the mid-60's. He started in Durham, NC. Then moved to the east-coast where he started runnin numbers, and eventually got in with the italian & jewish heroin connects. Amazingly the dude was able to cut out the middle men and get straight to the source, which at that time was The French Connection. He would take flights down to South America and pick up as much shit as they could carry and this shit was 100% pure so they could cut it 10 to 1 if not more, and turn a kilo into 10 kilos. Long story short, in the police field he is widely considered to be the most successful and prolific heroin dealer to ever do it. There are interviews with cops who laugh at the idea that Frank Lucas was anywhere close to Frank Matthews. There's an interview out there with one of his old goons who said he owed Matthews a million dollars, and couldn't get in touch with him for a while about it. Finally tracked him down and Matthews just told him, "If you broke, keep it." He got pinched eventually, and was smart enough to realize they were going to seek a life sentence on him. He paid his bail, which at that point in time was the highest bail ever (I think it was $25 Million), and then he left the country to never be seen again. Most of the police involved believe that he is in fact alive somewhere, and there have been reports of him being in South America and Africa. They also claim he may have gotten extensive plastic surgery. Insane shit.

Wayne Perry though is one of the most feared killers to ever touch this earth. Based out of D.C. he was known for being down to catch a body any time, any place, any way; and also for being extremely loyal. During one of his many early stints in prison he needed 10 grand to post bail, but none of the dealers would help him out cause they were all terrified of dude and felt like it was safer t o have him in prison then anything else. The only one that would help him was Alpo Martinez, a fairly well known dealer/snitch that came to D.C. from Harlem and had an extremely hard time setting up shop due to the fact that he wasn't from the city. He knew he would have to have a heavy local hitter if we has gonna get it going, and Wayne Perry was the one. So he posted Perry's bail and earned his loyalty and went on to be his right hand man. The murders this dude committed under Alpo's behalf is just crazy and pretty fuckin' sick. He shot his common law wife in the face 8 times in broad daylight because Alpo told him he thought she was snitchin. They also took out one of D.C.'s biggest local dealers during a morning basketball game...Alpo went to shake dudes hand after the game, and while he was holding his hand Perry came up and shot dude in the face in front of a crowd of people. Never caught a charge on it. Again, like most of these stories, both of them got pinched. Alpo being a lil bitch snitched on Perry and cut a witness protection deal. He's out on the streets right now under a different name. Perry caught consecutive life sentences, and does interviews to this day. He is terrifying, but on a sick level highly respectable. He truly belives in the Death Before Dishonor code, and snitchin just ain't something that's in his book. He says he should have killed Alpo when he had the chance, and if he ever has a chance to take him out today he will.

Another good one is 50 Cent's namesake. Prolific stick-up kid out of NYC.

Wayne Perry is Goldlink's uncle in case you didn't know

If any of y'all are looking for a good 4' by ~3' flag for Frank Ocean, this one is on sale for 15 aussie dollars
Shipping to America is fairly cheap iirc
Puts my room together nicely

View attachment 1846

Put your hand on it so I can get a better scale going on in my mind?

And this one is priceless haha

234-HOLT_PAINTING_WALL_HANGING_1010_X_1300MM.jpg

The Daupe GxFR stuff went in a couple minutes anytime I bought anything

Yeah, but this label's previous Conway releases took hours / I think a day or so for the first EIF .. that's really the only reason why I had to add those other qualifiers, hah.

Nope. You're not alone here.

The shitty thing is, it really won't change cause of FOMO.. I mean, look at the Blakk Tape release.. that had to be delayed like 4-5 months from the original due date?

I was referring to your Denzel post but totally agree. I'll probably buy anything Crimeapple puts out... but I just received a Metraletta repress I ordered last Oct. and I'm still waiting on the Perfect 3 I ordered on X-mas eve.

On a similar note.. I just got the picture disc version of Van Ghost and it sounds pretty decent. Ankhlejohn is my favorite out of these new non-gxfr rappers. I think Big Ghost Ltd. might be one of my favorite current producers too.

Back