Hip Hop

So it looks like it's a whole new album. At first I did think it was a deluxe thing but Curren$y has never done that before. Here is the track list.
  1. “News On Mute”
  2. “180 Days”
  3. “Quicksand” f. Trippie Redd
  4. “Kitt” f. Styles P
  5. “White Ashes”
  6. “Work Too Hard”
  7. “Vintage Haze” f. Larry June
  8. “The Crow’s Nest”
  9. “1 Luv” (Roll The Credits)
Ok so it's kinda like the leftovers or stuff that didn't make the first project. I'm not mad at that. I'm always down for the collab of him or Harry w Larry June. Curren$y's been needing to get into the vinyl game with the massive amount of projects he has anyway. Thanks for clearing that up btw

Damn, you have more than 25 hip-hop albums from this year you’ve enjoyed! That’s so much lmao! My favourites from your list are:

Denzel Curry x Kenny Beats - Unlocked
Run The Jewels - RTJ4
Freddie Gibbs x The Alchemist - Alfredo
Westside Gunn - Pray For Paris
Mac Miller - Circles

I know you aren’t into jazzy abstract hip-hop as much, but you should check out R.A.P. Ferreira’s Purple Moonlight Pages! That’s maybe my favourite hip-hop album so far this year! But for real, that Denzel Curry x Kenny Beats album is just 🔥🔥🔥
I'll give that a chance. I also forgot to include RA The Rugged Man on my list too 😅 I kinda hate narrowing down to a handful but if I had to my top 10 is probably (in no particular order)
A Written Testimony, King's Disease, Detroit 2, RTJ4, Alfredo, No Pressure, Unlocked, Circles, After Hours & Future Nostalgia

I'll give that a chance. I also forgot to include RA The Rugged Man on my list too 😅 I kinda hate narrowing down to a handful but if I had to my top 10 is probably (in no particular order)
A Written Testimony, King's Disease, Detroit 2, RTJ4, Alfredo, No Pressure, Unlocked, Circles, After Hours & Future Nostalgia
Alfredo, RTJ4, Circles, Unlocked and After hours being in your top 10 from this year so far makes me so happy! 😍🙌🐶

I love Jay Electronica, but his debut album was disappointing in my opinion. There are some great tracks on there, but some boring ones too! I had a feeling his debut album was going to be underwhelming for me, just based on the endless delays! 😅

Future Nostalgia is a great album too! I really like spinning that one! ⭐

Alfredo, RTJ4, Circles, Unlocked and After hours being in your top 10 from this year so far makes me so happy! 😍🙌🐶

I love Jay Electronica, but his debut album was disappointing in my opinion. There are some great tracks on there, but some boring ones too! I had a feeling his debut album was going to be underwhelming for me, just based on the endless delays! 😅

Future Nostalgia is a great album too! I really like spinning that one! ⭐
I have to disagree on Jay Elec. I think people's expectations, the time it took to get here and the fact it is a duo album no matter what way you look at it all kind of went as a negative view for a lot of people. For me I saw it the complete opposite. We basically got a Jay Elec Jay Z album 2 for the price of 1 and it was like a continuation of that grown man rap Jigga started on 4:44. I think its an amazing piece of work & we are blessed to get it. Thats just imo tho

Trying to keep up with and then make a list of all the good albums in a year just stresses me out. For example, I’ll discover an album from 2017 that is all of a sudden my favorite of all time. But I just discovered it? I don’t want to make music discovery painful, just gotta let it happen. Therefore, instead of making a will I will (yes) be creating an all time music list. It will span my lifetime. Thank you.

I have to disagree on Jay Elec. I think people's expectations, the time it took to get here and the fact it is a duo album no matter what way you look at it all kind of went as a negative view for a lot of people. For me I saw it the complete opposite. We basically got a Jay Elec Jay Z album 2 for the price of 1 and it was like a continuation of that grown man rap Jigga started on 4:44. I think its an amazing piece of work & we are blessed to get it. Thats just imo tho
It’s weird because I feel like the album sounds a bit outdated! I loved 4:44 by Jay-Z and still do! It was a focused project that featured great production! 💎

I really like the song “Shiny Suit Theory” and “The Neverending Story” and there are a few other tracks I enjoy, but I feel like the album is inconsistent aesthetically, and has production issues. There’s just something off with the album. Maybe it’s got to do with the fact that you have a song like “Shiny Suit Theory” being recorded in 2010, then a cut like “The Blinding” being recorded more recently. I dunno. I’m not a fan of the album but understand why people do love the album! 🤝

Trying to keep up with and then make a list of all the good albums in a year just stresses me out. For example, I’ll discover an album from 2017 that is all of a sudden my favorite of all time. But I just discovered it? I don’t want to make music discovery painful, just gotta let it happen. Therefore, instead of making a will I will (yes) be creating an all time music list. It will span my lifetime. Thank you.
I like making year-end lists to wrap up the end of the year but I will say that I never consider them to be set-in-stone forever; they're more or less of snapshots of how I was feeling that year. I can tell you that my 2019 list would look a lot different now than it dead last December.

I like making year-end lists to wrap up the end of the year but I will say that I never consider them to be set-in-stone forever; they're more or less of snapshots of how I was feeling that year. I can tell you that my 2019 would look a lot different now than it dead last December.
Yeah, so I’d just rather not do the exercise since my feelings are fluid and time is constant and the calendar is just an administrative construct created to make us feel as if we’re not actually floating on a random rock in a desolate universe and oh god someone snuck weed into my cigar again

Ok so it's kinda like the leftovers or stuff that didn't make the first project. I'm not mad at that. I'm always down for the collab of him or Harry w Larry June. Curren$y's been needing to get into the vinyl game with the massive amount of projects he has anyway. Thanks for clearing that up btw

that reminds me that RSD part 2 is next week. I’ll be so upset if I don’t cop that Pilot Talk

Im not even a big JayZ fan but I loved that shit

I hate cutting things down to 5 or 10 myself it causes me anxiety 😂 even now I'm looking back at what I wrote and thinking jeez The Allegory deserves a spot there too but what do I remove. Id rather not at all its not fun 😂

I’m not sure how I feel about FKTG just yet, it’s definitely good but didn’t blow me away off the bat like my other favourite releases from him, I would probably put at the bottom of his drops from this year but I need more time with it obviously.

In other news Dodax came through, makes the September RSD drop a whole lot less stressful haha. Been waiting on this one a looong time

0C0412BC-EE8E-41C5-BDAF-4D3F97133718.jpeg

Back