Home Improvement Thread 2: Electric Redo the Loo

Yeah as long as the rubber seal is in good shape you should just be able to tighten that I believe, that's all new is it not? Or are you using the same parts from before the reno?
Same parts from before the Reno. Sink is the same sink. The only thing new in that photo is the dishwasher drain hose. I had to buy one four feet longer because we lived the damn thing 6 inches (to be fair the original wasn’t really long enough and made an already useless cabinet really useless.

Gasket looks good. I’m gonna see if tightening helps. We though it was the drain pipe letting stuff dribble out but while I was installing the dishwasher yesterday during a meeting, I discovered the actual cause.

Same parts from before the Reno. Sink is the same sink. The only thing new in that photo is the dishwasher drain hose. I had to buy one four feet longer because we lived the damn thing 6 inches (to be fair the original wasn’t really long enough and made an already useless cabinet really useless.
Yeah try tightening it. But don't overdo it. If it doesn't fix it you may need a new rubber seal. But that's like 2 dollars at any home centre.

Yeah try tightening it. But don't overdo it. If it doesn't fix it you may need a new rubber seal. But that's like 2 dollars at any home centre.
I know. But then you have to take whole assembly apart and your likely to destroy the putty so might as well replace the whole drain assembly at that point.

See, you already know more than me. How you've grown so in these last 3 minutes, it's time to spread your wings and fly, like a little soiled plumbing sparrow.
I mean I was really fishing for has anyone successfully fixed a gasket leak by tightening it but lol

We bought a 60s condo at end of December and just moved in last weekend.

In those 3 months, we had wood laminate installed throughout, all water-service pipes replaced, mold remediation, electrical work, and asbestos abatement. Almost every person we worked with either made a significant error that delayed their project or the project was just cursed and ballooned into a larger scope.

Once we moved in, within a week, I had a totally unplanned emergency surgery, we found out our cat needs surgery next week, and we found termite droppings falling from our pantry ceiling.

#HomeOwnerLifeRocks

Today, second story tub leaked water through floor and down first story lamp and knocked power out. We haven’t had a “boring” week in 3+ months. Lolol.

Back