Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

dark side of the moon is very very boring.. i feel like i am hearing the same song 3 times with a bunch of interludes (breathe and time felt WAY too similar for me that it made it less interesting)

Reactions: oak
Adele is overrated and isn’t as good of a vocalist as people make her. I find her to be musically average too. I would go into specifics about the vocals, but I’ll just keep it short and cute.

Also, 19 > 21 > 25

This is so so so so true. She has a tendency to go supersonic and screechy which no one needs to hear, struggles to hold tone and is a poor songwriter. There is a reason here best track is a cover of a Bob Dylan song!

While we’re on it I apply all those same criticisms to Florence Welsh. It was one of my biggest surprises on here that people otherwise good taste liked Florence and the Machine.

This is so so so so true. She has a tendency to go supersonic and screechy which no one needs to hear, struggles to hold tone and is a poor songwriter. There is a reason here best track is a cover of a Bob Dylan song!

While we’re on it I apply all those same criticisms to Florence Welsh. It was one of my biggest surprises on here that people otherwise good taste liked Florence and the Machine.
Very true. I also don’t even think Adele is even that impressive live. I thought her performance on the Grammys when she swept once again with 25 was bad and off key at times.

I’ve tried multiple times to get into Florence and The Machine and her music and I couldn’t get into her voice (kinda for the same reasons I can’t get into Adele’s voice). Her tone is uneven as well. A friend of mine was sure that she was a great vocalist too and tried really hard to get me to like her. Lol. But I know it’s a matter of preference.

I really, really liked Florence's first album. The lyrics were nice, and it had a "I want yo be the Kate bush of this century" vibe that was totally ridiculous and barroque but it worked.
Then her second album...I think I like three songs. She is belting all the bloody time; I know you have some pipes honey, now relax and give me some melodies. The third album, I never managed to listen all the songs. In the last one she's not belting all the time, but unfortunately that means that all the songs sound the same.

Hot take:
Belle And Sebastian and Pulp are totally overrated.

I really, really liked Florence's first album. The lyrics were nice, and it had a "I want yo be the Kate bush of this century" vibe that was totally ridiculous and barroque but it worked.
Then her second album...I think I like three songs. She is belting all the bloody time; I know you have some pipes honey, now relax and give me some melodies. The third album, I never managed to listen all the songs. In the last one she's not belting all the time, but unfortunately that means that all the songs sound the same.

Hot take:
Belle And Sebastian and Pulp are totally overrated.

Yeah i remember thinking it was ok at the time. Listened to it again a few years later and wondering what I was thinking, it’s not good...

Agree with you on B&S, just awful, not on pulp though, Different Class is, well, class...

I feel like Blonde is top 3 most overrated albums of the decade. It wouldn’t have gotten as much love as it didn’t if it weren’t for the artist who created it.
Honestly, this is kind of how I feel. I was late to the Frank Ocean train and didn't hear channel ORANGE or Blonde until a few years later and I enjoyed channel ORANGE a lot so I was excited to hear Blonde because I'd heard it was even better. Then I put it on and I was so underwhelmed... it just didn't click with me at all.

I love them both musically.. but vocally, Beyoncé is superior to her sister, Solange. Especially in her prime. It’s not even close.

I would actually love to know what you base this on, because I have had this argument before.
For me it comes down to this: if it's power, yes, Beyoncé wins. If it is control, Solange by a wide margin. Solange hits the same notes (higher even) without sounding like she is straining.

Back