Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

I bought a new listening room- with some bedrooms and other stuff attached. 🤣

It’ll be ready in August/September. 1936 square feet.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I also got married. @kvetcha got to meet her earlier this year. So I’ve been a little busy.

Here’s what the house looks like now:

Resized_20240616_125321_1718557406529.jpeg

Here’s what it’ll look like finished:

IMG_3131.jpeg

I do plan on buying a Wiim Ultra when we move-both my wife and stepdaughter love music but they aren’t into vinyl.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I also got married. @kvetcha got to meet her earlier this year. So I’ve been a little busy.

View attachment 206179

View attachment 206180

I do plan on buying a Wiim Ultra when we move-both my wife and stepdaughter love music but they aren’t into vinyl.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

View attachment 206179

View attachment 206180

Congrats on both!!!

View attachment 206179

View attachment 206180

I do plan on buying a Wiim Ultra when we move-both my wife and stepdaughter love music but they aren’t into vinyl.congratulations on the wedding and the new home.
Congratulations on the wedding and new family and the new home. You’ve recently had a surprise surgery on top of all this? You have been very busy!

View attachment 206179

View attachment 206180

Congratulations on the nuptials and new home!

View attachment 206179

View attachment 206180

Congratulations on both bits of news!

Blackbird singing in the dead of night…
Dr. Feickert Analog’s Blackbird that is.
She’s a big old beast, especially as I put her where I had a Rega Planar 8 up until this afternoon. The Blackbird’s aluminum top and bottom plates work well with all my other silver aluminum gear too. At least to my eye.

IMG_2081.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpeg

Right now I’m running it with my Zu/Denon DL-103 rebuilt by SoundSmith on a Jelco TK-850L arm. Eventually I’ll mount my Grado Timbre Reference and a head amp, but I’m holding off on that until my new rack comes.

Last edited:
She’s a big old beast, especially as I put her where I had a Rega Planar 8 up until this afternoon. The Blackbird’s aluminum top and bottom plates work well with all my other silver aluminum gear too. At least to my eye.

View attachment 206433

View attachment 206442

Right now I’m running it with my Zu/Denon DL-103 rebuilt by SoundSmith on a Jelco TK-850L arm. Eventually I’ll mount my Grado Timbre Reference and a head amp, but I’m holding off on that until my new rack comes.
Looking great. Very nice.

View attachment 206433

View attachment 206442

Isn’t there a law against keeping meters in a cabinet like that.

Back