Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

The folks at Cerwin-Vega sent pair of these. LA-165 6.5” two ways with a soft dome tweeter.

They are $269 a pair. They also sent a matching LA110 powered sub. Not pictured or set up-yet. The sub is $399.

Proper speaker stands will arrive Monday.

I will say that I don’t generally like inexpensive speakers. These are interesting- and don’t sound cheap.

It looks like C-V are trying to build really nice speakers at a bargain basement price.

I’ll eventually be doing a write up on these (with and without the sub.)

View attachment 192163View attachment 192161View attachment 192162View attachment 192164
Did I miss the review?

Was able to snag this minty 100c for my wife’s office system off Amazon for $830 (+ tax). Literally the only scratch/dent is a small corner crack on the dust cover. It is otherwise spotless. Swapped the conical stylus for a nude elliptical and it plays like a champ.

I’ll take that.

IMG_4105.jpeg

IMG_4106.jpeg

Was able to snag this minty 100c for my wife’s office system off Amazon for $830 (+ tax). Literally the only scratch/dent is a small corner crack on the dust cover. It is otherwise spotless. Swapped the conical stylus for a nude elliptical and it plays like a champ.

I’ll take that.

View attachment 209144

View attachment 209146
Nice score. Love the Japanese Breakfast album too.

I'd love to hear your review of those really nice speakers you bought recently too. Can't recall the name, just that they looked great.
Audio GE Teddy Classics have arrived. Mint condition- bomb proof packing by the seller. Absolutely love them. Girlfriend says she knew speakers sounded different from each other, but not like this. This room is pretty bad, but they sound amazing. They also are flat to 33 Hz- no sub needed.

I’ll likely be getting the rack refinished to match.

Step up transformers also arrived. They’ll have to wait for another day. eBay seller had free shipping from Japan. I didn’t expect free overnight. Score!

View attachment 195397
These

I’m about to “do a thing” and not by choice. My housecleaning company sent a new cleaner and apparently they thought my Blackbird needed dusting. Now the cantilever on my Zu/Denon DL-103 is bent 90 degrees to the left and just barely hanging on. 🤬🤬

And I’m going to have to get an acrylic case. @Mather who did you use for your case on your VPI?

I’m about to “do a thing” and not by choice. My housecleaning company sent a new cleaner and apparently they thought my Blackbird needed dusting. Now the cantilever on my Zu/Denon DL-103 is bent 90 degrees to the left and just barely hanging on. 🤬🤬

And I’m going to have to get an acrylic case. @Mather who did you use for your case on your VPI?
I got mine locally through a fabricator, I'll look up the company I was looking at before though, can't remember the name now

Steve at VAS can fix it. He has a lot of experience with Denons.

The guys at Upscale Audio supposedly have a very good fabricator.

I used JMK for my AR-XA cover.

JMK Acrylic

Back