Jazz

What @Selaws said. It's one of the best sounding records I have and I highly recommended if you want to get into Three Blind Mice music. If it's a good deal? I would say it's corect,. I had a great price on this record and paid 36€ but + 11€ shipping. So all in all I paid 47€, not that far from what they ask for it.

I would actually say that this seems to be a tad below average. Its become a but of a joke that myself and @Skalap always mention that its one of the best sounding records we own (which is totally true, its amazing!) and I personally would pay the €55 for it. Its certainly worth it IMO.

Edit: I just checked my emails and it looks like I paid £44 for it in an ebay auction a year ago. I obviously got that for a great price, but my point is that I would still happily pay the extra £10 on top of that as its a really great pressing.

Thanks guys (p.s. I hate you). I went ahead and placed it with another pre-order that only ships end May just in case i get cold feet about spending the money I can cancel. HHV is great that way.

If it's truly an audiophile pressing then it fits in line with what one pays for MFSL / Music Matters etc.

WILDFLOWER, by WILDFLOWER

Not sure if anyone here has been waiting for this, but Wildflower's first album has been repressed (if you wait until tomorrow all proceeds from Bandcamp sales go directly to the artists). Its a killer album and one which I would go as far as saying tops the Ill Considered releases.

WILDFLOWER, by WILDFLOWER

Not sure if anyone here has been waiting for this, but Wildflower's first album has been repressed (if you wait until tomorrow all proceeds from Bandcamp sales go directly to the artists). Its a killer album and one which I would go as far as saying tops the Ill Considered releases.

I was on the fence because shipping to the US is almost as much as the record itself, but I might grab it tomorrow to support the band. And because I loved Wildflowers 2.

I was on the fence because shipping to the US is almost as much as the record itself, but I might grab it tomorrow to support the band. And because I loved Wildflowers 2.

This is my favorite record out of the whole UK jazz explosion by a long shot. It is so damn good! Dusty Groove usually gets copies of their stuff if you're looking to avoid the shipping cost, but not sure if that'll still happen with this pressing and how whacky overseas shipping has been lately.

This is my favorite record out of the whole UK jazz explosion by a long shot. It is so damn good! Dusty Groove usually gets copies of their stuff if you're looking to avoid the shipping cost, but not sure if that'll still happen with this pressing and how whacky overseas shipping has been lately.
Its a strange one as I think there's several people that join your feeling of it being a favourite, but it didn't seem to gain the same level of traction as a lot of the other releases. I guess it goes to show what having the backing of a bigger label can do.

I will also add that once everything is back up and running I highly recommend any London based people (or visitors to London) keep an eye out for Wildflower or Ill Considered playing at The Crypt in Camden. They have played there a lot in the past and the venue is just amazing, arguably the coolest setting I have seen for listening to jazz, it was fantastic.

Another RSD release has been pushed forward to today, this time its Richard Spaven - Spaven's 5ive from Jazz Re:freshed. Been excited for this one so im going to put the order in today. @Skalap I know you like this series. Heres the link to Spaven's bandcamp, although I have to say charging £5.50 postage on a £20 record has caused me to look elsewhere for the time being.

Spaven's 5ive., by Richard Spaven

Another RSD release has been pushed forward to today, this time its Richard Spaven - Spaven's 5ive from Jazz Re:freshed. Been excited for this one so im going to put the order in today. @Skalap I know you like this series. Heres the link to Spaven's bandcamp, although I have to say charging £5.50 postage on a £20 record has caused me to look elsewhere for the time being.

Mail sent to Rough Trade - fingers crossed. ;)

But well, today is free free day at Bandcamp - oh boy.
Now I'm conflicted.

Edit: Richard Spaven - Spaven's 5ive - LP

Last edited:
Mail sent to Rough Trade - fingers crossed. ;)

But well, today is free free day at Bandcamp - oh boy.
Now I'm conflicted.
Damn, have to admit that I forgot about the bandcamp offer.

I just popped back on here to say that I ordered from Resident Records, £19.99 plus £3.50 for postage. I know its only a matter of £2 but it just annoys me that I know for a fact it costs £3.40 for me to post a 2lp record with extra card inserts for protection through royal mail, so why on earth are people charging £5.50 for a single lp! As much as I love Jazz Re:freshed and what they stand for, the last time I bought a record from them (via bandcamp) the price of shipping was on the label and was a few quid less than what I paid. I know they likely factor packaging in as well, but even still I can't imagine a bulk purchase of mailers would mean each one costs a few quid!

Thanks! Ordered. This one was on my RSD want list.

Back