Jazz

Ethan Iverson’s blog newsletter today linked to this newly posted video of a 1971 Berlin concert by Ornette Coleman, Dewey Redman, Ed Blackwell, and Charlie Haden. Sound and video quality are all very good. He’s a huge fan of this group.

look forward to your thoughts. It’s on my list to watch soon
Just finished. They brought them back together to play and discuss their career together. It’s nice to see them be creative together again. A lot of reflection on being creative and their career together. I wouldn’t say it goes deep or really specific into stuff. It’s definitely worth the $14 dollars to buy it.

Have a few things shared here from Elusive Disc in my cart, waiting until pay day to check out. Hope they don’t go by then.

lets talk Muse....I wish I knew more about this label, ive picked up a few or three dozen titles over the last many years collecting and they are generally great sessions and almost always great sounding on vinyl...besides that you can kinda always tell a muse label record by the "almost right" covers...prices have been ticking up here in Tokyo (along with everything else) but picked up Sonny Phillips "my black flower" and its such a great sounding record, and I like they mix up the soul flavorings with a pretty piano solo effort on A3....but really Ill buy anything that jimmy ponder plays on, and that includes many of his own mostly crappy records....YMMV

lets talk Muse....I wish I knew more about this label, ive picked up a few or three dozen titles over the last many years collecting and they are generally great sessions and almost always great sounding on vinyl...besides that you can kinda always tell a muse label record by the "almost right" covers...prices have been ticking up here in Tokyo (along with everything else) but picked up Sonny Phillips "my black flower" and its such a great sounding record, and I like they mix up the soul flavorings with a pretty piano solo effort on A3....but really Ill buy anything that jimmy ponder plays on, and that includes many of his own mostly crappy records....YMMV
I love Muse. So many great sessions. The Visitors/Earl and Carl Grubbs records are incredible.

I have ~15 muse titles. Favs of that group are Woody Shaw - Moontrane and Joe Chambers - Almoravid. Happy to have plenty of room for further exploration.

Muse were one of the successors to Blue Note, who carried on the mission after BN went into hibernation.

Major stars were Ricky Ford, Bill Barron, Dave Schnitter, the mighty Willis Jackson, Houston Person, Carlos Garnett and of course Woody Shaw.

Many were recorded and cut by RVG. All sound good and are great records.

Back