Jazz

I've never purchased a SACD before and I'm just realizing that the Superdrive on my Mac mini will play them. Any particularly remarkable jazz recording that I should start with?
I got both of these for $26 each (incl shipping) after 10% off code from ImportCDs. They’re both great. Unfortunately, neither seems to be available there anymore, and I don’t think it’ll be easy to see prices like that again unless they get repressed.

1723870473499.png

I've never purchased a SACD before and I'm just realizing that the Superdrive on my Mac mini will play them. Any particularly remarkable jazz recording that I should start with?
I was only half kidding about DSOTM.

There looks to be lots of killa stuff on AS site with great mastering.
Matador is a great album.

But there's a bunch of Duke, Miles and Coltrane too.

I was only half kidding about DSOTM.

There looks to be lots of killa stuff on AS site with great mastering.
Matador is a great album.

But there's a bunch of Duke, Miles and Coltrane too.

And probably shouldn't say this. I have them all. Pretty much everything on SACD, domestic and japanese. None physical, I have no physical disc player. ISO rips. Hundreds.

Rips actually sound better if done correctly, as it takes the transport out of the equation and gives you the clean data file.

Attachments

• 20240817_131159.jpg
    20240817_131159.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
And probably shouldn't say this. I have them all. Pretty much everything on SACD, domestic and japanese. None physical, I have no physical disc player. ISO rips. Hundreds.

Rips actually sound better if done correctly, as it takes the transport out of the equation and gives you the clean data file.
You found the SACD limewire?

Send the links 😉

I have a bunch of ISO rips and they can sound amazing

Just find someone who has one and cover it in wood glue to make a stamper.
Yeah people will line up for that... Maybe if they get a slice of the 100k pressings that would sell.
That would be a black swan for the industry. Replicating famous pressings.

Technology may figure it out one day. It's not impossible.

Yeah people will line up for that... Maybe if they get a slice of the 100k pressings that would sell.
That would be a black swan for the industry. Replicating famous pressings.

Technology may figure it out one day. It's not impossible.
Technology, at least the audio underground, already has. A cleaned up high bit rate vinyl transfer. Probably the best you will get, outside of a mint original.

anyone pick up the new Metheny BSL reissue?? interested in thoughts...I have a noisy US (that looks clean) and a JP 2nd press that I think is actually pretty good....but discogs looks really varied - anyone with experience with this record have a say...its one of my favorites

anyone pick up the new Metheny BSL reissue?? interested in thoughts...I have a noisy US (that looks clean) and a JP 2nd press that I think is actually pretty good....but discogs looks really varied - anyone with experience with this record have a say...its one of my favorites
I picked it up for 30% off at UDiscover. Will try to give it a closer listen but I enjoyed it a lot when I first spun it. Don’t have other copies to compare to though.

Back