Jazz

Didn't realize this was getting a Contemporary Acoustic Sounds Series reissue:

Anyone have thoughts on this album? The sample I listened to online has me intrigued. I suppose this is "free jazz," but in a 1963 way.

Yeah, it’s pretty good, not earth shattering, but better than a lot. .
Didn't realize this was getting a Contemporary Acoustic Sounds Series reissue:

Anyone have thoughts on this album? The sample I listened to online has me intrigued. I suppose this is "free jazz," but in a 1963 way.

I need to buy from Elusive Disc more. My order of three records and two stylus timers was in a large outer box with a cardboard "frame" inside protecting the box inside. That box contained 3 cardboard inserts, bubble wrap in the "air" as well as between each record, and they also had the stylus timer boxes in bubble wrap. Absolutely insane how well secured these records were.

Got $100 from a settlement I forgot I signed up for. Bought the Bill Evans Treasures set for $42 shipped from a seller on SHF: I don’t love Elemental’s output and this release has a lot of criticism but for basically $12 an LP I’m willing to take the gamble. Lowest it’s sold on Discogs is $39 so worst case if I hate it I’ll make my money back. Mostly just curious about that symphonic set.

I put this on the Definitive Audiophile thread, but worth sharing here too.

This looks cool, the latest in the Miles Davis Bootleg series. 8 LP's covering their performances in Antibes on the 26th, 27th, 28th July, 1963 with George Coleman, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter and Tony Williams, and the show at Salle Pleyel in Paris on 1st October 1964 which featured Wayne Shorter, Hancock, Carter and Williams in their second ever concert.

Interestingly, I just listened to a really great interview yesterday on the Vinyl Guide podcast with Vince Wilburn Jr, Miles' nephew and the co-manager of his estate.

it's been on my wantlist for awhile. really like that reissue label and this album is rad.
I got a $100 settlement yesterday from some data breach so I basically turned that into this record and an Evans RSD from a couple years ago. I suspect I'll like this record based on skimming the tracks, but if I don't I also suspect I can quite easily make my money back on discogs.

I wanna say I got the last or second to last one cause it sold out immediately after I ordered.

No, you'd just take Cranberries records for sale from under my nose.
dont-forget-poop.gif

Back