Jazz

Nice work, young fella!
Seeing as it's now starting to pop up for pre-order, time to share something cool.

A few months ago, the Universal Music Group approached me to ask if they could borrow a few of my British jazz albums to obtain high-quality scans of the album artworks and labels. I headed over to their headquarters here in London and chatted to them for a while before lending them the records, and they were kind enough to give me a few of their recent reissues as well as the promise of having my name associated in some small way with the upcoming reissues (which would be super cool!).

Well, looks like the first album has been announced as its up for reissue, Joe Harriott's 1964 "Movement".

Seeing as it's now starting to pop up for pre-order, time to share something cool.

A few months ago, the Universal Music Group approached me to ask if they could borrow a few of my British jazz albums to obtain high-quality scans of the album artworks and labels. I headed over to their headquarters here in London and chatted to them for a while before lending them the records, and they were kind enough to give me a few of their recent reissues as well as the promise of having my name associated in some small way with the upcoming reissues (which would be super cool!).

Well, looks like the first album has been announced as its up for reissue, Joe Harriott's 1964 "Movement".

Didn't I say that I wanted to be like @Selaws when I grow up?

These genuinely made me chuckle, thanks all.

It might just be the coolest thing that's happened to me so far. Its an amazing feeling to have been able to help in a tiny way in getting these musicians music to the masses. I would love to know what their reactions would be if they could see the kind of sales they are getting now. As a comparison, Michael Garrick's highest selling record was 1,200 copies and that was considered a huge, almost unheard of, success for British jazz at the time.

Back