May 2021 - Vinyl Spins Challenge Thread

Day 14 - Pop

Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

ED91030E-AA19-4609-939E-11BC7396B98C.jpeg

Let’s not forget that her debut was also excellent

Edit: Friday starts after my last televisit and the computer is shut down and a beer is cracked. Not anything fancy today, but I’m assuming the name has something to do with Mudhoney.

A4EA1257-4ECE-448F-9781-95A90A224B45.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not gonna lie, that shot this morning for breakfast started off my work day off on the right foot. My home office has been a party all day!

I actually had to do some serious work today after an agent got in touch with me with some arguments right after lunch on a Friday... here I thought I had my quota in the bag for the day. Marijuana plant strain patents are serious shit in Canada these days...

Day 14 - Pop

Madonna - True Blue

20210514_163919.jpg

This will forever be my desert island Madonna.

Bonus:
20210514_164320.jpg

I don't drink anymore (but boy did I!) and most non-alcoholic beer tastes like piss, but this right here has changed my entire view. Better even than many of the boozy IPAs I tried back in the day!

Ok, poured myself a couple fingers of Basil Hayden's with a big ice cube. Spinning the new double LP by The Coral right now too and damn this record is so good. Like some long lost timeless classic.

[EDIT: deleted photo... my mug was on here long enough, LOL]

Last edited:
Let's try this again...

Day 14: Pop

I don't really have much that fits the "just pop" genre. Most of what I have falls to what I would say is the Pop Rock sub genre of Rock.

Discogs has this as Pop...so I'm going with it.

Annie Lennox ‎– Diva
RCA ‎– 88985419511, 1992/2018

Cut by Wes Garland at Nashville Record Productions
Pressed at United

bpYdjc.jpg

reUSRX.jpg

I try other beers, but I keep coming back to my favorite. My pint glass is getting a bit worn, I may need to replace it soon.

(and I don't do selfies)

2VKVmg.jpg

Day 14 - Pop

Still working for another hour or so, but I’ll bring a couple Belgian trippels out to the patio after. For now, this should get me through the rest of the workday

View attachment 99369
Photo evidence of said plan. The phantom hand is my daughter pretending to be a hair stylist with a toy grill tongs. She’s probably right that it’s about time for a haircut 😂

A741C334-1B5F-46ED-B097-820820CF005C.jpeg

Back