Movies

Somehow Jon Voight was the highlight for me—especially at the movie's funniest sequence toward the end.

I was glad to see Coppola really commit to his vision—whatever it was—but what a mess. For a film so apparently concerned with a new vision of civilization, it really had absolutely nothing to say about it.
Hmm, Jon Voight hasn't generally been a positive sign for a movie or anything really in decades.

Our theater was howling.

I think it's remarkable that he got to make it even if it's an insane fiasco. It feels like an expression of something that's been tumbling around in his head for so many years that he forgot how to make it comprehensible to another human being. It's one of the most narratively incoherent things I've ever seen, but it definitely has Stuff in it.

to be clear: I'm glad I saw it, and I'm weirdly still thinking about it, but it's a bizarre object. I also thought Nathalie Emmanuel was kind of awful, and I normally like her fine.
Absolutely. All those decades of selling wine to finance one of the most bizarre big-budget films I've ever seen. Gotta support the weirdo visionaries.

FIXED AND REPORTED
funny-animated-gifs-best-gifs-jon-voight-anaconda-creepy-face.gif

bad-movies-rule-bmr.gif

Back