Movies

i live with my parents right now, and it is so dang awkward trying to watch a movie in the living room because of rated-R scenes 😭😭😭

eventually when i move out, i wont have that inconvenience anymore
It doesn't get any less awkward without family. When we have the windows wide open and my loud ass movies decide to have an extended saucy scene, I just have to give in to the realization that our neighbors probably think we put adult films on surround sound at all times of day.

so...Megalopolis. I thought it was technically good, in the sense that the production design was good, the camera was in focus
Yeah, we’re probably not going to get any more good Star Wars/Marvel etc all because of some YouTube channels. The Last Jedi really broke some brains and the studios took all the wrong lessons from it by pandering to these racist, misogynistic freaks.

nerds are the new bullies.

so...Megalopolis. I thought it was technically good, in the sense that the production design was good, the camera was in focus

nerds are the new bullies.
Someone wrote that it feels like it occupies the 1 and the 5 star spots on a scale simultaneously. That's ultimately where I came down on it. It's an insane, barely comprehensible boondoggle, but it's also a unique object that I kind of have to admire.

Yeah, we’re probably not going to get any more good Star Wars/Marvel etc all because of some YouTube channels. The Last Jedi really broke some brains and the studios took all the wrong lessons from it by pandering to these racist, misogynistic freaks.

/r/RedditWritesDeadpool cheering

But fr this will just make me not watch any new stuff in this department even harder.

Someone wrote that it feels like it occupies the 1 and the 5 star spots on a scale simultaneously. That's ultimately where I came down on it. It's an insane, barely comprehensible boondoggle, but it's also a unique object that I kind of have to admire.
Dangit I only meant to reply to the quoted post and didn’t see the leftover draft from a few days ago. I’ll leave it in its half-baked glory, in FFC’s honor.

But you’re absolutely right: it’s kind of good in some ways, unforgivably bad in others. Impossible to say it’s one or the other, and rating it in the middle feels like both hyperbolic praise and unfair castigation. Its politics are muddled, and kinda troubling where they’re made plain. I don’t think Frank Ford is very online but I want to tell him to log off.

Coppola is enigmatic in a way that's very accessible, which feels oxymoronic. Are people trying to find hidden meanings that aren't there? I mean, he hasn't made a good movie in nearly 30 years, and a great one in 45 years. Did people all of a sudden think he was gonna put it together again?

Back