New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Was that all the time it took start to finish @Joe Mac?
It has a few modes:

Drying is set to either 5 or 10 minutes with a toggle on the side.

Auto 1: 2 minute clean + draining cycle + selected drying cycle

Auto 2: 5 minute clean + draining cycle + selected drying cycle

There are also standalone 2 and 5 minute cleaning cycles that do not drain the water, so you can wash multiple records and air dry them, or run a 5 minute cleaning cycle + an auto cycle to get an effective 10 minute deep clean.

Finally, there’s a standalone drying cycle.

One thing I’d definitely advise is fill the tank upto almost max, even for 12”. The 12” line doesn’t clean much of the run out and if it’s a short run out might miss some of the record. If you drop just short of the max you’ll clean everything that needs doing and not wet the label.

Hahaha! No chance I’m afraid that was just a revolution to show how it works and to give an idea of the noise!

2/5 mins clean and 5/10 dry depending on the settings you choose. I’ve gone with the longer times so far because in my experience you can’t overestimate just how dirty records are!
Thank you good sir!

It has a few modes:

Drying is set to either 5 or 10 minutes with a toggle on the side.

Auto 1: 2 minute clean + draining cycle + selected drying cycle

Auto 2: 5 minute clean + draining cycle + selected drying cycle

There are also standalone 2 and 5 minute cleaning cycles that do not drain the water, so you can wash multiple records and air dry them, or run a 5 minute cleaning cycle + an auto cycle to get an effective 10 minute deep clean.

Finally, there’s a standalone drying cycle.
And thank you as well! Not sure I'm ready to make a leap into something else yet from my Squeaky Clean, but I've got my eye on this thing.

And thank you as well! Not sure I'm ready to make a leap into something else yet from my Squeaky Clean, but I've got my eye on this thing.
The convenience aspect is a real eye-opener for me, coming from the Squeaky Clean. I mean, the cleaning quality is also a real step up, but being able to just add water, pop in a record, press a button and walk away is wonderful. No more sitting at a table for an hour to get through a pile of records.

Reading all this, i just hope this thing is build to last and not just some plastic bomber thatll fall apart after 200 records
It seems well designed to me, but who can say? The company has certainly been pretty open about their design and testing process, so it doesn’t feel like the product of a fly-by-night operation. The fact that they’re offering replacement parts for wear items is encouraging.

I am concerned more about the transducer and its capabilities in the long haul as well. I'm sure the plastic, the rollers, and the other fit and finish aspects are built to last.

Hopefully them just using 40Hz rather than unnecessarily upping the beans to show off bodes well for that. On my 16th straight piece of vinyl today and it’s not throwing off any heat at all which is always a good sign with this type of electronics.

Back