New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Well this was out of the blue. Thoughts if the added features are worth the price hike?

Well this was out of the blue. Thoughts if the added features are worth the price hike?

That's a big price jump. Based on my experience with the OG, I'd say "No, G.".

It’s still not an expensive ultra sonic and I like a lot of the changes that they’ve implemented, especially the diversionary flow of water away from the internals when you overfil or spill, I think overfilling and it going through the insides probably killed my first pcb.

Would I buy this now as an upgrade? No.

Would I buy this rather than the base if/when mine dies? Probably yes.

Last edited:
It sounds a more solid machine with some decent upgrades. But double the price (for me, thanks to currency, customs etc) means that if ever I was looking to replace my current one, I'd think about other options eg Degritter.
Degritter is still more than 4x the price of the new one though, right? The jump from $700 to $3000+ is huge. For that price you could get some seriously nice upgrade on another piece of equipment in your rig.

Degritter is still more than 4x the price of the new one though, right? The jump from $700 to $3000+ is huge. For that price you could get some seriously nice upgrade on another piece of equipment in your rig.
Price isn't that bad on this for these upgrades. Like @Joe Mac, I'm not about to go upgrade to this with mine still working well. But if/when mine dies, this one looks to have improved and implemented many of the design features that I wish were in the base model. It definitely has my interest. I hope someone on here gets it and can give us all a report on it.

Price isn't that bad on this for these upgrades. Like @Joe Mac, I'm not about to go upgrade to this with mine still working well. But if/when mine dies, this one looks to have improved and implemented many of the design features that I wish were in the base model. It definitely has my interest. I hope someone on here gets it and can give us all a report on it.
I’m half tempted to sell my current one and buy the new one but know that’s probably silly…..the more likely scenario i’d buy the new one and never sell the old one hah

That's true. I hope not to need to make that decision for a good while. I just think HG has got expensive enough that it's worth thinking a bit about what I would do next. I upgraded my system about 6-7 years and I'm v happy with it - I don't have audiophile ears so don't see the point of doing more. But having lots of African records and other 2nd hand stuff, the thought of cleaning even better does appeal...

That's true. I hope not to need to make that decision for a good while. I just think HG has got expensive enough that it's worth thinking a bit about what I would do next. I upgraded my system about 6-7 years and I'm v happy with it - I don't have audiophile ears so don't see the point of doing more. But having lots of African records and other 2nd hand stuff, the thought of cleaning even better does appeal...
I think it would be hard to imagine that a degritter cleans records 4x better than the new HG. The adjustable size without need for adapters on the new HG would be great for you I bet! Those adaptors for 7” and 10” are a pain to use on the old HG

I think it would be hard to imagine that a degritter cleans records 4x better than the new HG. The adjustable size without need for adapters on the new HG would be great for you I bet! Those adaptors for 7” and 10” are a pain to use on the old HG
Absolutely. It's a bit of a pain cleaning 7s at the moment so that would be a big plus. I hear you, and mostly agree with you. But that's the thing about gear - it's not like speakers 4x the cost sound 4x better. You spend a lot of money chasing small differences. It's whether the difference is worth it. It's essentially a moot point at present as I don't have any money (I've stopped buying even records for now) - I just feel cleaning is probably an area that would make some difference for me

Absolutely. It's a bit of a pain cleaning 7s at the moment so that would be a big plus. I hear you, and mostly agree with you. But that's the thing about gear - it's not like speakers 4x the cost sound 4x better. You spend a lot of money chasing small differences. It's whether the difference is worth it. It's essentially a moot point at present as I don't have any money (I've stopped buying even records for now) - I just feel cleaning is probably an area that would make some difference for me
Yea —record cleaning is definitely a very important part of the process that many people ignore. Not sure how the degritter handles 7” records, but this solution for the HG seems quite nice

Back