New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Hopefully them just using 40Hz rather than unnecessarily upping the beans to show off bodes well for that. On my 16th straight piece of vinyl today and it’s not throwing off any heat at all which is always a good sign with this type of electronics.
The fact that it’s running a very small tank with two transducers makes me think they’re not pushing the thing very hard, which should bode well. It’s unlikely they’re using anything cheaper or considerably different than other mass-produced ultrasonic cleaning units, which are all made in China.

Last edited:
I have been all day lol!

It’s just quieter! You can play and be confident that any noise being picked up is a defect/damage because everything is just so damn silent, even in the run in and run out grooves!
That’s what we want to hear, pun intended.

The fact that it’s running a very small tank with two transducers makes me think they’re not pushing the thing very hard, which should bode well. It’s unlikely they’re using anything cheaper or considerably different than other mass-produced ultrasonic cleaning units, which are all made in China.
Do you consider the Audio Desk as being mass produced? It’s manufactured in Germany. 👍

Do you consider the Audio Desk as being mass produced? It’s manufactured in Germany. 👍
Mostly referring to other units in the price category (ie the typical ultrasonic baths you see for under a grand). That said, without a teardown it's hard to know whether all the source components in the Audio Desk are also produced in Germany or if the unit is just assembled there. I can't speak to the Audio Desk or the Degritter on that front.

• Cheers
Reactions: OMC
If anyone is open to doing some cleaning for others on your HB after you get them let us know. To see how it works/compares with other units, problem records, or if you dont have a cleaning machine. Much like the flattening service some offer here.

So I had a copy of unknown pleasures from 1980 that I loved but was a bit noisy so I bought the 2019 anniversary one alongside it as a playing copy.

The HumminGuru has turned it into a cracker with just the odd pop between songs. This is such a better pressing than the newer ones too, sounds sooooo good! The next record in the queue is the hardest task yet so we will see how it does!

That thing is loud. I wonder if it’s wise to wear headphones. I’ve read reports of ultrasonic sounds damaging hearing over periods of time. Not sure if this machine has the ability to do that. Maybe this unit will lead to a company or companies in the States to manufacture something similar and in the same price point. I’d like to see a comparison test between this and a VPI but I’d really like to see this go up against a Degritter.

Congratulations to everyone getting this.

It made my copy of A Tribe Called Quest’s We Got It from Here… listenable for the first time. I’d vacuum cleaned it TWICE.

So I had a copy of unknown pleasures from 1980 that I loved but was a bit noisy so I bought the 2019 anniversary one alongside it as a playing copy.

The HumminGuru has turned it into a cracker with just the odd pop between songs. This is such a better pressing than the newer ones too, sounds sooooo good! The next record in the queue is the hardest task yet so we will see how it does!
I'm loving all these updates! Mine is chilling in Alaska, hoping to see it in California soon.

That thing is loud. I wonder if it’s wise to wear headphones. I’ve read reports of ultrasonic sounds damaging hearing over periods of time. Not sure if this machine has the ability to do that. Maybe this unit will lead to a company or companies in the States to manufacture something similar and in the same price point. I’d like to see a comparison test between this and a VPI but I’d really like to see this go up against a Degritter.

It’s really not terribly loud.

@kvetcha is right. It’s loud but it’s not as loud as it came off in the video. For whatever reason the recording amped it up by a factor.

Final one of these for a while…

Wow! Just played a freshly cleaned copy of my 60s mono pressing of The Righteous Brothers Greatest Hits. This things has always existed behind a wall of almost white noise. There are still pops, it is very old, but they aren’t significant and it sounds fantastic!

That thing is loud. I wonder if it’s wise to wear headphones. I’ve read reports of ultrasonic sounds damaging hearing over periods of time. Not sure if this machine has the ability to do that.
It’s really not terribly loud.
@kvetcha is right. It’s loud but it’s not as loud as it came off in the video. For whatever reason the recording amped it up by a factor.
It can't be louder than my Record Doctor V. That little sucker makes a big noise.

Final one of these for a while…

Wow! Just played a freshly cleaned copy of my 60s mono pressing of The Righteous Brothers Greatest Hits. This things has always existed behind a wall of almost white noise. There are still pops, it is very old, but they aren’t significant and it sounds fantastic!
Which record cleaner were you using before this, if any? Curious on any difference.

Back