Online Vinyl Deals

Did anyone who ordered the Masaru Imada Trio LP from the Target sale ever receive it or get a shipping notice? Mine was not fulfilled although I received the Donald Byrd Montreux album which had the same release date... now my order page says "backordered" and the product page lists it as "sold out" 🤷‍♂️

Did anyone who ordered the Masaru Imada Trio LP from the Target sale ever receive it or get a shipping notice? Mine was not fulfilled although I received the Donald Byrd Montreux album which had the same release date... now my order page says "backordered" and the product page lists it as "sold out" 🤷‍♂️
My order is in the same status. I've had that happen a few times before with Target, and it often just means there's a delay in their getting the item. I wouldn't worry about the "sold out" on the item page; that's just what Target lists on every item that is not in stock (and that has actually been released).

I'm not too concerned about it yet. I've had things from Target show up a couple of weeks after people who pre-ordered elsewhere got them.

But I should add that a few times in the past when I've been in this situation, they evetually just canceled the item--often in the middle of the night only a few moments after they sent the "take action now or your item will be cancelled" email. Typically I've been able to find the item elsewhere (at a much higher price) without too much trouble, but I missed out on a couple of early Verve Acoustic Sounds reissues (the Nina Simone releases and maybe the Clifford Brown, too) because of Target's canceling them. And those were sold out everywhere for about a year and a half, so I had to wait a while to get them after the Target mishap.

My order is in the same status. I've had that happen a few times before with Target, and it often just means there's a delay in their getting the item. I wouldn't worry about the "sold out" on the item page; that's just what Target lists on every item that is not in stock (and that has actually been released).

I'm not too concerned about it yet. I've had things from Target show up a couple of weeks after people who pre-ordered elsewhere got them.

But I should add that a few times in the past when I've been in this situation, they evetually just canceled the item--often in the middle of the night only a few moments after they sent the "take action now or your item will be cancelled" email. Typically I've been able to find the item elsewhere (at a much higher price) without too much trouble, but I missed out on a couple of early Verve Acoustic Sounds reissues (the Nina Simone releases and maybe the Clifford Brown, too) because of Target's canceling them. And those were sold out everywhere for about a year and a half, so I had to wait a while to get them after the Target mishap.

I think maybe only once have I had an item be delayed at Target and then actually receive it. Usually once you start getting those "date change approval" emails, it's game over. The only exception I've noticed is when you preorder something with a placeholder release date that later gets a permanent date.

I think maybe only once have I had an item be delayed at Target and then actually receive it. Usually once you start getting those "date change approval" emails, it's game over. The only exception I've noticed is when you preorder something with a placeholder release date that later gets a permanent date.
Yeah, I've had that same experience. It's a dumb system, but I go into it with those sales knowing what to expect.

Have to say that hasn't been my experience. In the vast majority of cases where date-change approvals have been sought, I eventually received the items. Maybe 5-10% of the time, the items have been canceled--that's been very rare.

I was looking and I don't think I've actually ever had one ship that wasn't a preorder getting an actual release date added to it. Usually by the fifth or sixth date change, the item is long gone from the website, and the emails don't even say what you're approving the delay of any longer. When the item photo ceases to appear in the emails, you know you're cooked.

Tempting. Anyone own and can comment on quality?
I like it, and
I ended up picking up the MOFI ELO Eldorado reissue. What a fantastic pressing! Not an album that I was ever particularly drawn to, but this elevates it to a completely other level. What a pleasure. I have a whole new appreciation for this material now.
That Eldorado hasn’t been talked about enough here. I think it’s awesome

Maybe we'll get some of your good luck this time!
Hope so! And honestly, I've canceled way more of my orders as part of the B2G1 sales than Target has! ;)

Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah & Songs from his Albums
Lou Reed - Words and Music
The Lemonheads - The Lemonheads
Joe Henderson - Page One
Art Blakey - The Witch Doctor
Clifford Brown - A Study in Brown
Tina Brooks - The Waiting Game
Jackie McLean - It's Time

Most of these had multiple delays requiring multiple approvals of the changes in release dates. (But as others have said, when the cancellations have happened, it has seemed rather sudden, and as if Target hadn't given me a chance to respond to their request for an approval.)

Only title I can find that was canceled was Neal Casal's Fade Away Diamond Time. Pretty sure a Blue Note release also was canceled at some point, but I don't recall which one that might have been.

target just hasn't gotten their stock in yet, but seems that all the preorders have been sold so you cannot order it anymore from them at this time. i got an email saying the date was pushed back for this one.

$8 shipped free, today only

Last edited:

$8 shipped free, today only
Just saw that email and bought immediately. I love their take on Root Down, and the EP is solid overall. Nevertheless, I had no intention of buying that record, but for $8!?!?

Just saw that email and bought immediately. I love their take on Root Down, and the EP is solid overall. Nevertheless, I had no intention of buying that record, but for $8!?!?

I hope the other 11 days of deals have stuff like this! They must have had a bunch of these to clear out to offer them at less than cost and free shipping! Surprised they didn't offer a way to lock in a "Deal of the Day" and have them ship together at the end.

Back