Online Vinyl Deals

I hope the other 11 days of deals have stuff like this! They must have had a bunch of these to clear out to offer them at less than cost and free shipping! Surprised they didn't offer a way to lock in a "Deal of the Day" and have them ship together at the end.
That’s a very good idea, but they’re a weird company. When I order multiple items, incl a pre-order, I always select “ship everything at once when last item is available” bc the environment and I don’t need anything urgently. But they always ignore my request and send separate shipments.

Did anyone notice when today's deal went live at Udiscover?
I didn't catch it until the email. After today, I'm definitely psyched to see what's coming up.

I know most of there sales seem to end at 11:59pm Pacific Time from what i've noticed so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes live at Midnight.

It looks like on Udiscovers Instagram they posted about Day 1 at 11am Pacific yesterday. That's my final guess 🫣

Knowing udiscover the time will end up being different every day haha
It's posted, but unfortunately, it's more Neil Diamond.

Hopefully they have run out of "Hot August Nights" by tomorrow!

I'd buy this one on LP

Closest story I have to tripping & Neil is when I ate mushrooms and DJ'd a wedding reception, and the father of the bride was demanding we play the Neil Diamond "tape" (CD) he bought just for the occasion.

This is the vinyl world version of the Jelly Of The Month Club

Unless you like live Neil Diamond, skip today's "deals"

Just remember Neil Diamond's The Jazz Singer has nothing to do with actual jazz music.

I'd buy this one on LP

Closest story I have to tripping & Neil is when I ate mushrooms and DJ'd a wedding reception, and the father of the bride was demanding we play the Neil Diamond "tape" (CD) he bought just for the occasion.

I saw him at Key Arena in Seattle and he was playing "in the round" so the stage was revolving like a lazy Susan. Neil was in the middle and the little lower sections around the "sides" where chips or carrot sticks might be, had band members in it. A bassist or a backup singer in a renaissance dress would slowly rotate around.

I felt pretty hysterical in that fiasco. By the end, I was yelling things like "I kneel for Neil!" and "I'm a Neil Diamond in the rough."

I remember it like it was a meal ago. Shit was bananas

EDIT: I believe I actually saw the Beastie Boys perform on a similar stage. Maybe there's a theme here. Maybe tomorrow's deal will be YES

I saw him at Key Arena in Seattle and he was playing "in the round" so the stage was revolving like a lazy Susan. Neil was in the middle and the little lower sections around the "sides" where chips or carrot sticks might be, had band members in it. A bassist or a backup singer in a renaissance dress would slowly rotate around.

I felt pretty hysterical in that fiasco. By the end, I was yelling things like "I kneel for Neil!" and "I'm a Neil Diamond in the rough."

EDIT: I believe I actually saw the Beastie Boys perform on a similar stage. Maybe there's a theme here. Maybe tomorrow's deal will be YES
Neil Diamond and The Beastie Boys just some amazing Jewish musicians from NYC. I bet the Beastie Boys have sampled a Neil Diamond song or two.

Neil Diamond and The Beastie Boys just some amazing Jewish musicians from NYC. I bet the Beastie Boys have sampled a Neil Diamond song or two.
Quasimoto did

and Girl Talk

Hello Nasty tour was in the round, IIRC.

My favorite Neil Diamond memory is from when I lived in Ecuador. There were a few foreign families who would go stay at this cheap beach hotel usually every August for a couple days (this was 30 years ago). And this one older couple had a son in his late teens/early 20s who had Down syndrome and was obsessed with Neil Diamond. They would go stay at this hotel like every other month since they were retired, so we ran into them a few times over the years there. Their son was a really nice guy but would carry around a boombox blasting Neil Diamond, and often singing Neil Diamond the whole time. My friends and I would invite him to come hang out with us because he was crazy strong and would wrap us in a hammock like a burrito and just spin us around and around in it at breakneck speeds laughing his ass off. It was great fun other than the fact we'd have to listen to Neil Diamond the whole time.

Back