Political Discussion

I’m showing my little brother True Detective Season 1 right now and now this is everywhere lol
200w.gif

I don't know about you, but my math Spidey-sense says for Harris to poll at 46% for the white vote, she must be at 50% or more of the white female vote.
I should have added that the Trump campaign seems to be dismissive and apathetic about the female vote, assuming they will vote as they always have. Big mistake IMHO. The female voting bloc has become more college-educated and leftward leaning since 2016. Donald Jr.'s latest "got milk" post was revolting, and I'm sure many female voters are keeping receipts on the ways the campaign can be gross and deeply disturbing.

Last edited:
I was talking to some people at work about the olympic athletes taking advantage of free healthcare, because it's too expensive in the United States. And know what his concerns was?

That our tax payer dollars will be going to paying for free healthcare for the most physically fit people in the world in 2028 in LA.

I was talking to some people at work about the olympic athletes taking advantage of free healthcare, because it's too expensive in the United States. And know what his concerns was?

That our tax payer dollars will be going to paying for free healthcare for the most physically fit people in the world in 2028 in LA.
that's the guy i would be avoiding in the breakroom

I’m not a regular reader of Salon, but this excerpt was just too right to not share:

“Or put more bluntly: Vance was chosen to appeal to the creeps and weirdoes. … [Vance] spends way too much time with Holocaust deniers and Pizzagate conspiracy theorists to remember what "normal" even sounds and looks like.

Meanwhile, Harris is starting to rise in the polls, leading Trump nationally, although by slender margins no one should take for granted. Yet the Trump campaign seems stuck in the strategy they had been counting on for months against Biden: demoralize Democrat voters so they stay at home while turning out the dirtbag vote with an overtly misogynist, trolling-based campaign. Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., explained the theory that they could get creepy dudes of every race with these tactics: "For every ‘Karen’ we lose, there is a ‘Julio’ and a ‘Jamal’ ready to sign up for the MAGA movement.”

Unfortunately the writing was on the wall with this, similar to the psilocybin rejection earlier this year. It seems that the methodology for the medical trials were not as thorough as they should have been. Turns out that it was pretty easy for a patient to figure out whether they had received magic mushrooms/MDMA vs a Placibo. The good news is I think the medical/therapeutic community is going to keep pushing forward and hopefully someday soon they will gain FDA approval.

Last edited:
I posted about this podcast on my status the other day. Having caught up with season 2, I think there is a lot of good stuff to think about, especially regarding the Camden 28 trail, in regards to the Israel-Palestinian war:

Meanwhile

Back